This solution is ranked
in What are the best games that involve diplomacy on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best WW2 gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Historically accurate grand strategy games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best war strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best government simulation gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Hearts of Iron IV
- "Great game according to my son who is an avid video gamer. I have seen the visuals and graphics from this game while watching him although i have never played it, but you can be drawn in by that because of the fact that it looks so real. I think its a great solution. It sounds fun and challenging!""So Hearts of Iron IV is a very diplomatic game. It reminds me of old school games back in the 90s that were more content than graphics. The graphics aren't great but the actual feelings I am involved in a war, well, are great.""I love games where I get to control and conquer other countries. This is just what I was looking for!"
- #2 of 23
in What are the best WW2 games"I tried Hearts of Iron IV at my friend's house, and I've been very unimpressed by this game. The graphics are somehow worst than the previous chapters, and the pace of the game is really slow. I'll try to play it again before giving a definitive review, but I didn't like this game, and I don't suggest it to the WW2 games lovers""I liked this game because it can change the history based on your strategy. It's challenging and you can have the army that you want if you are good at making plans. ""I think the link to Hearts of Iron IV is a great solution for resolving the problem of WW2 games. I really enjoyed the Hearts of Iron IV game and website. The graphics and information are outstanding. I definitely think that Hearts of Iron IV is a great WW2 game.""Need something to fill your days? Hearts of Iron IV lets you plan your own war. "
- "I had high hopes for Hearts of Iron IV, but boy is it a let down. The companys greed killed it. They made it so that there is a lot of DLC if you want to even remotely enjoy this game. The other games had this content in the game, but this version makes you pay for it. they sell the game cheaper than others, but then force you to pay extra to play the game and then your at a higher cost then if they just included it and made the game normal priced. I would not recommend this game at all""The game graphics are really nice. The premise may be the only exposure some kids get to World War II history. I'm not sure how historically accurate the game representation is, but it has an interesting feature in that you can be any country in WW2. That should present an interesting perspective in game play to see things from the other sides involved in this global conflict.""Hearts of Iron IV is one of the best historically accurate games that I have seen. With the effects and the way World War 2 went, this game brings it to life foe those who never experienced it."
- "I am fond of playing historical games. Like I would really download a game mod if a game I like doesn't have that capability. Its nice to have a game like this where my brain will also be put to work at the same time.""Awesome WW2 strategy game that is very involved and full of action. I highly recommend this to anyone that likes the WW2 genre games or strategy games in general."
- "Ultimately, Hearts of Iron IV is a scenario, not a sandbox. A grand and big scenario yet it is not an open-ended playground like that of Crusader Kings or the famous Europa Universalis. I am recommending this government simulation game because among all the Paradox's strategy games, this one has a unique sense of play during battles. "
- "In order to find RTS games on Steam, I would recommend looking at Hearts of Iron IV. Hearts of Iron IV is available on a wide variety of operating systems making it widely available. In addition, the game has over 9,000 reviews and and an average rating of mostly positive. I would suggest looking into this game. ""I thought I would enjoy this game as I like RTS and the WWII setting seemed promising, but I wouldn't say this game is worth it. I tend to play single-player, and the AI in this game is really bad. "
- "I like Paradox's RTS games but Hearts of Iron IV definitely gets some mixed feelings from me. On the one hand I find it easier to get into the WWII setting better than the earlier eras in their other games on the other the AI in this game is just dumb. You can easily find yourself fighting a country whose army is diddling around in no mans land (who also just declared war against someone they can't effectively reach) while your allies can barely even bother to marshal any forces to fight with.""Hearts of Iron IV is an interesting RTS game available on Steam. It is a bit pricey for my taste and due to the limited story line and predicted combat I would not recommend this game. There are several better RTS games available at a fraction of the cost. Save your money and play something else."