This solution is ranked
in What are the best local multiplayer horror gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best LAN party games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-op online games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the scariest multiplayer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play on HalloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best 3D gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best online multiplayer PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best zombie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games to play on Intel Integrated GraphicsRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best zombie games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Left 4 Dead 2
- "Left 4 Dead 2 is a challenging and fun multiplayer game that can be played together at a LAN party. You feature as one of four in a crew trying to survive an onslaught of zombies and other nasty creatures. There's a lot of content and the replayability value is super high. And anyone can learn to play in a few rounds!""Zombie attacks in this game make my heart pounding, You want that thrill? Then this game has it!""It's fun to be played every late night every sleepover with friends. Trust me! Chat back here and let me know how it turned out.""This classic zombie game is full of thrills and really knows how to get me excited. It's scary yet fun and keeps me on edge for hours!"
- "Left 4 Dead 2 is a classic zombies game published and developed by Valve. An old favorite, this game offers a ton of replayability and up to 4-player online co-op, taking on the infectious horde and making way to the end-point. It is a great game and one that is sure to provide many hours of entertainment."
- #2 of 33
in What are the best gore games"I love resident Evil and other gore games. Today I played Left 4 Dead 2. It is a little dated now but it is still one of the best gore games still. It has good gameplay and story line. I like it enough to keep it on my game list on my desktop. ""For this list, this should be ON it, but NOWHERE near the top.. Yes you can shoot zombie's faces off and blow them apart, but as far as 'gore' goes, that's left to the more violent types of deaths that can make you squirm. This is a horror game and can scare you with an occasional zed popping up around the corner, but it is not what you need to look for and more being down the list to make you get the desired 'gorgasm' you wish for. This coming from someone who ACTUALLY played every game on the list of gory titles here, and played games since I was in the womb as my resume."
- "When it comes to horror survival games, Valve is one of the best. They are masters in horror and game design. From the sound to the sudden appearance of a smoker or a tank will have you and your friend in a panic.""If you like to be scared out of your gourd by sudden, horrible faces pouncing at you, you'll love this game. And you'll be able to be scared out of your gourd with 3 of your best friends! It doesn't get much better than that to spend time on a dark and stormy Saturday evening. Or anytime really. The game is awesome, it's a lot of fun, it's fast-paced and not too technical, so it's easy to get in the action even if you're not a seasoned gamer.""When this was first released, I had second doubts. Will this game be worth it? But there's something really enticing about zombie games. I remember there was a time that there were lots of zombie games coming out. What I like about L4D is that it's so fast paced and heart pounding. Now with L4D2, the same effects on me are still on me and it's fun playing this with friends.""This game! we used to go straight to an internet shop in order to play there games after school during HS days. It brings me nostalgia seeing it here and im glad people still play it.""There are a lot of great games on steam but there is always one that tops the rest. That game is Left 4 Dead 2. The first one was great but wow is this one even better. I love being able to play co op and it's just so much fun. Check it out. "
- "This is my favorite zombie apocalypse game of ALL time!!! This sequel did not disappoint and has improved in all aspects. The sounds and visuals are two main factors why this game is a hit""This timeless game definitely gets the heart pumping. From the sound of suspense when a smoker appears and you are alone at night, the panic it causes to your squad (well, in our case, we always play this by group). Although it has been here for ages now, it still remains the father of zombie apocalypse games. I have always liked the character of the young woman named Zoey. The AI is good I must say it is so intuitive that it helps you with med kits if you need them.""Even w/o multiplayer, this game is amazing! Goes to show that games don't have to be all awesome graphics to be great. The added coop feature just make it all the better (or worse, depending on who you're playing with lmao)""This website is a good solution for finding scary multiplayer games as it shows you a preview and description of the 'Left 4 Dead 2' game. It also provides you information on where to buy it and other similar games. Overall, this is a good solution for finding scary multiplayer games."
- "Used to play this game a lot as a kid and it still doesn't get old. Though not as scary as the other ones on this list, it still holds that retro vibe, plus the fact that the environment is creepy enough by itself.""Halloween is coming up quickly and I wanted a themed games for my Halloween gaming party. Left 4 Dead 2 fits the bill perfectly. Who doesn't like Zombies in your games you play on Halloween."
- "been looking for horror coop games and this is the best one so far!!! it's truly a classic that i always come back to whenever there's new coop games on steam.""This is one the older titles in this list but this is an instant classic and one to try out if you've never tried any of the Left 4 Dead games yet.""It's been a long time since this game was released but somehow, it still holds up well even by today's standards. This is one of those games that really encourage real communication and cooperation among teammates. It's still one of the goriest games to come out in recent years and depending on who you ask, this can be a good or a bad thing.""So i was an avid player of Left 4 Dead and when i found out that there will be Left 4 Dead 2 i did not hesistate to buy this one. If i am not wrong the Left 4 Dead was awarded the co-op game of the year in 2009. Anyway, so yeah this game is so much better than the original which made me even forget that the first one existed lmao :)))""This is a lot of improvement frm the first L4D. Very minimal bugs, manageable controls, and really challenging co-op modes. ""Been playing L4D so I expected better for L4D2. And this did not disappoint! This was more graphic than the first. Zombies aren't just falling down when you shoot them, but there was blood everywhere! So gory and the graphics are really detailed with rock music playing in the background.""If you are looking for a good time with friends on a rainy day, Left 4 Dead 2 combines zombies with cooperative gameplay for an enjoyable experience that will have you entertained for hours. Did I mention it was 2008 top co-op game? It's hard to go wrong with this soon to be classic co-op game.""Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the funnest games I have played with friends. It's fun without friends, but it's even better when you team up with people you know. I would definitely recommend it."
- "This was the perfect solution for what I was looking for. Forwarding me to the Steam community allows me to not only get the game, but to link up with the community already playing it!!! Time to go get some new friends, and zombies!!!""This game is action packed. My children and I had a great time playing it."
- "While we all wait for its follow-up, Left 4 Dead 2 is still one of the best team-based multiplayer games that require a lot to teamwork and cooperation to come out on top.""I am always looking for great online multiplayer games for PC. The best thing about gaming, in my opinion, is going up against other players as playing against the AI can get boring and repetitive after a while, and plus where is the challenge in facing a computer. Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game, but unfortunately, the community makes this game toxic. The vote kick function in the multiplayer mode made it near impossible to improve in this game. If you are a beginner and you are not performing up to par to your teammate's expectation they can just kick you from the campaign without any warning. ""Left For Dead is a pretty interesting game. Objectively speaking, it has all of the visuals and gameplay that you would look for in a really great multiplayer game. However, the downside to is is that sometimes, you get teammates that really aren't great haha. It's a pretty cool game that is always interesting anyway. ""Left4 Dead is a absolutely wonderful coop game to play with your friends, especially now since all the content from the first game is available for free. Even though I don't have a lot of hours in it, I still have plenty of unforgettable memories from playing with friends. Also lots of ridiculous mods available!"
- "This game is quite dated by now but it still offers one of the best local multiplayer game experiences for PC. The gameplay is fast and frenetic and the multiplayer aspect is solid. You can get this for a really cheap price nowadays. Check it out.""so many good memories from this game. sneaking out of school to play this with friends (there were only 3 of us so we had to make do with an ai ally) one of the best local co-op games on pc. theres also singleplayer on it as well as multiplayer if you just want to play by yourself but wheres the fun in that right?""The Left 4 Dead 2 co-op game is definitely a group activity. Trekking around alone gets boring. Good graphics and effects. It would be quite interesting to turn this into a drinking contest. ""Playing this since I was a kid I must say this is one of the greatest local co-ops ever the fact that sometimes you would curse even your own team mate because all of you guys died hahahhaa""This game is interesting and involved. I like the graphics and the story line. Its fun to play with your friends. "
- "FPS zombie game that ive had plenty of good times with friends after school a few years back. the co op feature in this video game is amazing and i usually play it a lot on PC or laptop."
- "Left 4 Dead 2 is a great horror survival game. It has moments that will leave you feeling tense and moments that will leave you feeling excited and happy. It is most enjoyable with your friends so make sure you bring two or three."
- "Left 4 Dead 2 will give you meaning in your life again if you love zombie games. This FPS on Steam changed they way I kill zombies and other undead creatures. The game also adapted to my playing style, which is nice considering that I tend to give up pretty soon when the game increases in difficulty. I really think this horror game will keep you wanting to kill more zombies in this apocalypse.""The AI of the game is not impressive. They seem to be not intelligent at all. Still this is one of my favorite zombies vs survivors. The left 4 dead one couldnt be better than this one. I play this with my other friends since it is a co-op.""Left 4 Dead 2 is a terrific solution for a request for a PC horror game. The game is fun, addictive, and, most importantly, scary. My friends and I have really enjoyed playing this game together, but one important lesson that I have learned is that you need to keep the lights on. It really is terrifying at times.""Say what you will about zombie narratives: zombies make fun antagonists in a horror game. I find few gaming experiences more satisfying than destroying some nasty brain-eating creatures. Left 4 Dead 2, the sequel to the original 2008 game, is one of the coolest and most engrossing horror games for PC out there now. "
- "Whenever a horror game was mentioned, Left 4 Dead 2 will always take the top spot for me. ""If you like horror, Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely the game for you. The imagery and graphics alone were so on point, I could imagine myself being there, in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Creepy, but fantastic!"
- "I have long been a fan of Left for Dead. Ever since the sequel was released, I can't stop raving about it. It has everything that you are looking for a survival game. It has that and more! Just a pity that it isn't available on PS. Errr, it really is the reason why I haven't switched to PlayStation until now. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "Left 4 Dead 2 ages well like wine, I must say. While I can honestly say that Left 4 Dead has lost some balance in its armory because of the sequel because of the new weapons and special ammos but I can't deny that this is still one of the best co-op zombie games on steam!""So many Zombie games on Steam, but which one should I download? Obviously this one. Left 4 Dead 2 is everything you want in a zombie apocalypse type game. Great AI makes this is a difficult one to play alone. ""Left 4 Dead 2 is an ultra classic zombie game that is available on steam! This really fills me full of nostalgia, and is still fun to play to this day! Play with your buddies!"