This solution is ranked
in What are the best Violent games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are darkRead user opinions
in What are the best adult PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Manhunt
- "Manhunt is a great game for being able to live out some of your secret fantasies that you keep locked away in the deep recesses of your mind. This stealth-action game is very well known for being incredibly, sometimes over-the-top brutal.""Awesome game if you enjoy outsmarting the "things" chasing you down to take your life. At times I found myself nearly breathless from close calls and fear."
- #4 of 33
in What are the best gore games"This is definitely one of the best stealth games ever created. You get to basically be the slasher from horror movies. I thought this game was great- a great mix between a few sources of horror. Classic game and brings back the old school.""A friend of mine said she was playing Manhunt and that I should try it. Well, I have to say that it just wasn't my kind of game. There wasn't any kind of problem solving or nuance to it, just kill or be killed. Not my kind of game. "
- "I was replaying this the other day, and the graphics just don't hold up. The game play seems almost antiquated, now, and it doesn't really grab me the way it used to. Sure, a little blood sport's a good way to wake up in the morning, but the replay value on this just isn't there.""Sorta like a creepy version of GTA. Its good but not really that scary."
- "Tired of computer games built for kids? Want something a little dark and scary? Well Manhunt is exactly that. You're running from a crazed murder trying to survive. It will definitely get your blood pumping and maybe it's not a great idea to play before bed, but it's absolutely worth downloading. Try it out!""Man hunt is a awesome survival game. You have to run and hide to survive. It is a exciting fun game that makes you want to keep playing. It reminds me of my childhood days when we would play manhunt jailbreak. Great game.""Well this game is 'dark'. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for in 'dark' exactly but this might be it."
- "Back in the day, this game would've been a fun way to take out your frustrations, but today it's just a formulaic blood and guts beat em up game at best that gets boring fast. Also need to keep in mind that the game needs a patch to be applied so that it will work with current OS' as native support is only for Windows XP.""Reviews of Manhunt tell you everything you need to know - critics are mixed, gamers are mixed. A unique story that just falls short in the way it's executed and is never quite as gripping as it should be.""This was pretty damn amazing. Great recommendation from an okay problem solver. Happy to use this again."
- "One of the most controversial games ever released to the public, and for good reason. Manhunt is as gritty, nasty and uncomfortable as video games get. It’s almost overbearing. Every inch of it’s levels are full of grime and grit, with eerie reminders of the awful things that have taken place within them. It’s story is populated with utterly monstrous characters that kill, torture and maim for either their safety, greed or for pure pleasure. It’s deeply cynical game with absolutely no heart. And I think that was the point. It’s a brazen, ghoulish celebration of violence and horror, as twisted and immoral as they get, and has no pretensions to be anything else. Almost holding you down and asking you “Is this really something you enjoy doing?” It may sound like I despise the game but I actually really enjoyed my time with it. No matter how raw it gets I was still very much engaged with it’s setting, story and tense if a bit dated stealth gameplay. I was drawn in and wanted to see more of what it had to offer and how it was going to end. I don't know if there can be a middle-ground of opinion with it. You'll likely either love it, or hate it. But for what it sets out to do, it does it admirably and with skillful craftsmanship. If that sounds like your jam well then have fun. "