This solution is ranked
in What are the best games on Steam that are based on a novelRead user opinions
in What are the best NVIDIA GeForce-supported gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Cinematic games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best war tragedy themed gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Russian novels released in EnglishRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One FPS gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best FPS games for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Metro 2033 Redux
- "In the future, people will debate which video game was more faithful to the book more often than they debate today which movie was more faithful to the book. Metro 2033 certainly takes its liberties. For a video game, it does a fantastic job of recreating what was special about the book.""What can I say about Metro 2033? Awesome, just awesome. The graphics are great and the play is gripping. Clear your calendar because you are not going to want to stop anytime soon. The price is insane also. I would have expected to pay much more for a game of this caliber."
- "If you like survival games and adventure you will like the Metro 2033 just like me. I like how it is based on a science fiction novel and how it keeps my interest and mind engaged for hours when trying to survive the apocalyptic future."
- "I don't think of Metro 2033 as a war game so much as an aftermath-of-war game, set in the post-apocalyptic landscape of Moscow in the year 2033. Call it whatever you will, this FPS is an engrossing and challenging game with some of the best visuals I've encountered in a game of this kind. I like that I can play it on my Mac too.""First person shooter that occurs after an apocalyptic event.""I needed a game that focused on the tragedies of war, the realness of war. I didn't want one that was the usual stylized hollywood take on it. I found Metro 2033 to be not that bad, and although set in the future, it actually does relate close to the survival and action aspects of true war."
- "I love when novels are turned into games. I like the variety this game provides. It's not just a first person shooter game. It also features survival horror which is so much fun. Then the apocalyptic future is thrown in and the game gets even more exciting. I can play this game for hours without getting bored and turning it off.""Metro 2033 is a great atmospheric game on Steam! I had so much fun shooting the enemies and trying to stay alive. I would definitely recommend this!""This link just took me to the main page of Steam, and not to a page for a specific game. This does not help with my search."
- "Skip the original Metro 2033 and pick up Metro 2033 Redux. The bugs have been been worked out and the experience is awesome. Better graphics, the story is engaging and extremely atmospheric. The story line follows the books, which this is based upon, with a few minor liberties. Lose yourself in this one. You'll be glad you did!""This lets you experience a different kind of fear. Despair will eat the mind of anyone who plays this one. Kudos to the writer.""This is one of my all-time favorite horror games. It's not the traditional horror game, but it is definitely a scary game. The graphics are phenomenal and the story is really interesting."
- "I love to play FPS games for the PS4. I needed a new game to play and found out about Metro 2033 Redux. This is an awesome game that is based on popular Russian sci-fi novels. I love that it's set in a dystopian future after a global nuclear holocaust in Moscow. It's got amazing graphics and addicting gameplay. I play for hours sometimes; it's just that fun! Strongly recommended to FPS fans out there."
- "Metro as a game is great, but as a horror game? Not so much. You'd want Outlast for that, if you can handle the whole asylum stick. MEtro relies too much on resource management and horrible story choices that make it feel like a sci-fi instead of a horror. Not bad, but not great."