This solution is ranked
in What are the best games based on movies for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are based on a novelRead user opinions
in What are the cheapest PS4 gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Assassin games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games that can be played both as stealth and action gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play with a Steam ControllerRead user opinions
in What are the best Hack and Slash games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games with dark fantasy on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Pro gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One sandbox gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 sandbox gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best open world games for PS4Read user opinions
What the community says about Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- "This is a solid solution in my opinion. This is a pretty common game and itâ€™s cheap on steam. I think this is a great solution for the problem. Itâ€™s good because itâ€™s a really common movie, LoTR, and itâ€™s a fairly popular game so that it would fit the solution well.""This is a fabulous game. The graphics are fun and engaging and easy to learn the mechanics. Steam is a great place to organize your games. You can add games that were not bought through them. I have been using it for years with no problems at all."
- "Shadow of Mordor gives us a more mature take on the Lord of the Rings saga. The game-play is fantastic with responsive controls and outstanding graphics. The game system rewards multiple play-throughs. The nemesis system really keeps you playing. It really is hard to stop.""This is honestly one of the only games in my library that I actually feel was worth getting. It hits all the right spots if this is your kind of genre.""My husband might want to try this out. He was an absolute fan of such types of games. I just hope that the graphics are awesome as well. "
- "I love to try out different PS4 games. With Middle-earth: Shadow or Mordor I am able to get that real RPG feel. Its based in a fantasy world and the cast of characters and plotline keeps you invigorated throughout the entire game.""I wish there would have been canon characters or at least their resemblance, but I guest killing orcs for fun is okay, seeing characters like the Valars and Maiars would have increased the price on this game by the hundreds. "
- "If you're a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien's work, this game is a must have. It's like the Lord of the Rings meets Batman. The main character is out for revenge after his family is murdered, and his powers grow stronger as the game goes on. But so do the powers of his enemies, and there are tons of them. Great overall theme that complements the game's extensive world. ""First, let me say, the graphics within this game are insane. I like the concept of the game and the suspenseful vibe that the game gives you. You are able to build yourself up and defeat different characters. Very exciting game for me."
- "Having been a lifelong fan of Tolkien I was so excited to find Middle Earth, what a great game that integrates so well with the Steam controller. Game play is amazing. Graphics are glorious. The story is compelling. I upgraded and it was worth every penny! All I can say is MORE!!!!"
- "I love the Hack and Slash genre when it comes to video games. Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor was on sale during the Steam Summer Sale and I decided to pick it up. The game had great reviews but I could just not get in to it. I tried multiple times but the games combat system was not for me. Some people may enjoy this game but for this gamer it was a dud.""This game is one of the best hack and slash games in recent history. I enjoyed the ease of the combat system, though it seemed too similar to the Batman Arkham series. I loved that this game allowed me to delve into the world of Tolkein and learn more about the Middle Earth universe."
- "Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor could be one of the best games with dark fantasy on Steam, but there's too many things wrong with it. First, the story is subpar for an AAA studio. The story is cluttered with useless dialogue that has nothing to do with the story. Second, the game is a buggy mess. Good luck trying to play more than 15 minutes at a time without it crashing.""Shadow of Mordor is a fantastic fantasy game with action rpg controls and a deep story line. The graphics are amazing and it offers a real challenge to stay alive sometimes. I've been more than 30 hours completing all of the storyline and quests and look forward to playing it again in the future as it's definitely got a lot of replay value.""Beautiful game design and the world mapping is on point in this Lord of the Rings game, unlike prior experiences, this one doesn't feel too linear or binding in one direction. In this experience you get to make decisions on your own which changes the game content, being you get to choose the way to eliminate the enemy when the time comes."
- #11 of 17
in What are the best PS4 Pro games"I bought a PS4 pro in the hopes of getting access to next gen games. The other plus to that is it's backwards compatiable for the most part and I can play games that are a little older as well. Shadow of War is looking to be a classic game going into the future. The Nemesis system is incredibly depth and offers a lot of replay value or casual play. It also looks and runs great on my PS4."
- "Recently picked up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor as it came highly recommended to me. The graphics were incredible and it had a good story, although I did not like the ending. It really does not take long to get through the game, which is kind of unfortunate, I would have liked there to be more to it. Overall I would recommend it, as I did enjoy it"
- #23 of 50
in What are the best PS4 games
- "As a huge fan of Tolkien, I was hesitant to try this game. I wanted to believe but, I have been disappointed so many times before. Well, am I ever glad that I gave this game a chance. I absolutely love it. The graphics are cool, the story is interesting and the voice acting is excellent! It takes a little bit to pick up but, once it does, buckle in and hold on!""This is a popular game released in 2014. It has won awards. However, the biggest selling point is the graphics. The story has been told over and over again, so there is nothing new there. Parts of the story are missing, so that it makes no sense in the end. The gameplay itself is lackluster and dull. The good guy wins. The end.""I like this one. There is a video and side panels to navigate easily. There are also comments on the bottom giving reviews on what people like and don't. Its always good to see real reviews to help determine if ill like it or not. ""I needed a new game for steam. With middle earth this action role-playing game face on and off it was perfect for what I needed. This had everything you needed including a great storyline and character development.""This game is older now, there is a new continuation of this game series. The graphics are starting to look "old" to me. The game play is repetitive and there isn't many different things to do. "
- "Shadow of Mordor is exactly the kind of game I'm looking for. It has a massive open world and the lore is fantastic. I think I'll enjoy this game for a long time. I look forward to playing it!"