This solution is ranked
in What are the best roguelike wilderness survival games for PC with fun crafting mechanicsRead user opinions
in What are the best puzzle roguelike gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PC Bullet Hell gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Roguelikes on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best roguelike games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best dungeon crawler games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best roguelikes/roguelites on PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Monolith
- "Monolith is an amazing game that submerses you in a different world and you feel the excitement and exhilaration as you stride to survive. The story and setting is solid and the gameplay is fun for all.""I love exploration games which involve an element of danger. This game kept me on my toes and was an amazing survival game. I love this one!"
- "Monolith is a super tight game that takes similar aspects to other games I play. The best part of this game is the ability to teleport! The difficulty curve of each floor is reasonable, as you can clearly tell the game is getting harder, It also offers a WIDDDDDE variety of different weapons.""Monolith isn't even good, so certainly not the best of any puzzle game. Graphics are not to my liking. I don't mind at all that it's 2D, but it feels rudimentary when you play and therefore the graphics don't add to the gaming experience like they should.""So I was looking for the best puzzle rogue like games, and a friend told me about monolith. So I bought Monolith from steam and it sucked, I can't say how awful it is, its a 2d shooter but its bad. 1/5"
- "Really excellent game if you enjoy shmup's and the retro look is awesome. It's not easy game either with plenty of challenge to keep you playing. Team D13 really knew what they wanted when they designed this as it's darn near perfect!""Monolith is an exciting shooter game reminiscent of Space Invaders. It's smooth and fast paced with lots of intricate environments to explore.""I love shooter games and this is a good one. It's just got some bug fixes and other updates. It's a smooth and fast game."
- "Monolith is a neat Roguelike game on Steam. You get lots of weapons and lots of shooting while you explore an abandoned facility. It is worth checking out as it is fun gameplay as well as a great soundtrack. "
- "LOOKS RETRO, PLAYS HOT! I grew up in the 80s, when video games were something you had to go to the arcade to play, and Monolith *looks* a lot like some of those early Namco games. But it doesn't play like one, oh, no, no, no. Movement is fast and smooth, not slow and clunky like an old arcade game. And you enjoy TONS of weapons, combinations, terrain types and floor layouts. This looks like 1984, but it has 2017 under the hood.""This game is a fun shooter but it's not exactly a roguelike game. I'd play this if you don't mind top down shooters. Personally, I play it every now and then. ""I do not consider this to be the best rogue-lite game on the market, there are so many other choices and this doesn't even come close to the top."
- "Me, I don't know much about games but my son is very into them. He's only 12 but he plays this game all the time. Sometimes a bit too much as he doesn't do his homework or come to dinner. I have to knock on his door just to see if he is still alive. It is good for punishments as well as I have something to take away from him.""I suppose it's a dungeon crawler, though as a top down shooter, I wouldn't consider it as such. But, I'm old school. Or, maybe just old. Otherwise, it's a rather fun game! ""Monolith is one of the most played games of the genre but sometimes it does not stand up to current graphics. The game could use one upgrade but it does seem to be popular""If you're into retro dungeon crawlers, you're going to like Monolith. Played it for just a few hours so far and am already in love with this game."
- "Monolith has smooth effects, and cool weapons that make this little game fun for everyone. Has the ability to build bigger weapons as you advance levels and achieve milestones. The old school graphics are a nice touch."