This solution is ranked
in What are the best city building games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Norse mythology based gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best city building games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-op online games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Northgard
- "I like the look and the graphics. I do get a bit concerned about using real people for story lines though. This game uses the Norse as some kids, unfortunately, only learn a little bit of history from movies and gaming. But this one is based on mythology anyway, so I guess that is okay. I'm a stickler for kids knowing facts about Vikings rather than just perpetuated legends, even if it is just in modern games. Still, I must give kudos to the game makers for a visually appealing game here.""Northgard looks like a promising RTS and City building game. Currently it is in Early Access but you can already see the developers have put a lot of thought into the creation of this game. There is a small learning curve when starting this game but overall I have been impressed with I have seen so far and will continue to monitor the progress of this game.""Ever watch the show Vikings and thought "I could do better"? Well here is your chance. I love strategy games based on history so I was excited to find this game. You are in control of your own clan. It's your show to run. Personally, I find it a refreshing mix of being challenging without being overwhelming. I love it."
- "The game is good and I love the Norse mythology tie in. You get to play as Vikings and sometimes face dire wolves, bears, and even a Wyvernin a harsh winter landscape! Definitely a recommend to play if you're into Norse mythology or not!"
- "Northgard combines the charm of an old-school city building game with the features and UI enhancement one expects from modern games. The setting and characters are of interest to me, as someone who finds this era of history fascinating. I think fans of games like Age of Empires will feel right at home with this one.""I guess this is right, but I've never head of this game and would rather see a list of more games related to my query, rather than just this one.""It is a great game, and a great example; i liked the graphics, and what it has to offer as a game. "
- "I didn't like this solution because it doesn't feature a strong co-op implementation. This is a strategy war game, and it is online multiplayer, but I don't think it features much co-operative play.""I love city building games, but not many of them are online. This is an on-line game with co-op and a city builder, which is great and rare."
- "This game is a good solution to my need for multiplayer games that are also available on Steam as it provides online multiplayer and co-op options. Additionally, it has appealing graphics and a setting that holds my interest and makes me want to explore as much as I can while sharing the experience with others.""Northgard is one of my favorite games! It combines one of my favorite movies, How To Train Your Dragon and one of my favorite games, Settlers of Catan, into one game. I am able to play against friends and it is based on the Vikings which is one of my favorite cultures and time periods. "
- "It can be difficult to find modern RTS games, but Northgard did an OK job helping me solve this problem. I liked that it had a someone unconventional but interesting setting and cast of characters compared to most titles in this genre, and that it was deep enough to be replayable but also easy enough to play with almost total newcomers. One issue, though, was, in some ways, it is not strictly an RTS-style game, in the sense of what I really think of when I think of these games, though it is certainly influenced by that genre.""Northgard is a compelling real-time strategy based game for PC. I like it because it is entertaining and teaches my kids about Norse mythology, while they like it for gaming with their friends and the Viking clans"
- "Northgard is a great strategy game based on Norse mythology. If you like Vikings and this type of concept I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes adventure.""Great graphics & subtly different when every person counts, your people can starve to death & when you have an army of 10 you are special! ""I think I would like this game. That being said, based on the very positive reviews, I would say that this is an excellent suggestion."
- "Northgard is not my type of game. This strategy based game feels more like a mobile game with its simplistic graphics and bird's eye view play. I'd rather play it on my phone/tablet than my PC. ""I love playing PC games. Northgard enables multiplayer in a Norse story line. Play in a strategy based world, this game is both captivating and exciting."
- "A mysterious game that takes you back to the past. The setting is a great concept for strategic game-play. I think a lot of people have an interest into Viking's explorations. Now there is a way to virtually fell as a part of what happened throughout history. "
- #56 of 72
in What are the best indie games"Some of the best games I've played are indie games because the creators put their heart into it. Sp, I started looking for indie games on Steam and I ended up buying Northgard. This game is so fun I can't stop playing it! There's so much to do and I love the strategy aspect of it. It's refreshing and exciting! I recommend this to anybody.""Northguard is an indie strategy game that is still in development. It uses a lot of Viking mythology for it's gameplay that is both interesting and compelling. The same is fun to play and you can easily spend hours on it.""Northgard is looking to be an up and coming game on Steam, I like the look and feel of it but it has a few problems that stop it from being the best game."