This solution is ranked
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are darkRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play on HalloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Horror gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One Horror gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the scariest single-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Indie GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 survival gamesRead user opinions
in What are the cheapest PS4 gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Outlast
- "I love horror games for PC. I have Resident Evil and many others. I just got to play Outlast. I think the graphics are pretty good. The game play can be exciting and unexpected. I get scared sometimes playing lol. If you like Resident Evil type games you will enjoy this too. ""The atmosphere of the game is just perfect forthis coming halloween. I get tense and creepy!!! ALthough the story is a bit cliche, i like that my character is really agile and outrun the enmies.""I really like this game. It is challenging enough to be fun, and creepy enough you don't want to be alone."
- "I love the first person aspect of Outlast. This game is way better than i initially expected it to be. I highly recommend giving it a try."
- "I've played lots of horror games since I was a kid and I must say Outlast is a treasure! I've watched Pewdiepie play this so I got pretty much an ideal. How does it feel that you cannot really fight back the enemies in Outlast, but totally dependent on batteries to power your cam which enables you to spot creeps in the dark??? That thrill was what Outlast was able to give me. The best so far.""I am not usually a horror game fan but I've tried this on a recommendation from my friend. I was very pleasantly surprised. The graphics are amazing. This game is truly horrifying and exhilarating at the same time. If you're a fan of for you will love this game. But make sure you know this game has a lot of violence, adult language, and sexual content.""This game is definitely dark and ominous. I would exercise caution if you are prone to nightmares, however, if you are looking for an experience filled with horror, this one is right for you."
- "Outlast is an almost five year old game but if you think that has stopped it you would be wrong. Do you like journalism, asylums, and stealth? Then this is the game for you. Content in the game are based on real world events and places and in my opinion that is a awesome feature. Plus, you do not fight! That's correct, as a journalist (the protagonist) you must run, hide, and sneak you way through the game. Definitely something different from what you can play in the mainstream. So if you are looking for survival horror I recommend you check out this game. "
- "Jumpscares aren't that much of a good scare, unless they're timed right! This game is the perfect definition of a "timed right" and "not overused" jumpscare. Most of thescares you're going to get are because of the game's general twistedness, and I think that's beautiful :D""Is the storyline of this game based on the TV series Outlast too? 🤔"
- "Outlast is the perfect combination of survival and horror game 💪 This really got me scared and surprised at times. Imagine being in a pitch black setting and suddenly stumbling along with insane people and corpses""Another perfect horror game. In fact, this is one of the few games that gave me bona fide nightmares: I love it! Despite being an older game, the graphics are top notch... you can almost taste the iron in the pools of blood. And, because you're just a reporter, you don't have any bad-ass skillset; you can't just fight your way through. Instead, you've got to slink around, and hope nothing kills you too soon. This is just a brilliant game; I think I've freaked out some of my friends by how much I enjoy it. It's no coincidence it's set in Colorado, is all I'm saying...""I absolutely love horror-themed games, and Outlast gave me chills for days. The graphics and shadows were among the best I have EVER seen, and the environment was incredibly detailed and immersive. The only part I didn't like is that your character is a reporter, and not armed. So instead of fighting your way out of the Creepy Critters in the asylum gameworld, you have no choice but to run, jump and hide from them. But that is the only thing keeping me from giving Outlast a five-star rating."
- #16 of 33
in What are the best gore games"Outlast is an amazing game that does what it does amazingly well. While there's not lots of gore in terms of shooting or killing enemies, in fact, you never kill anyone, there's quite a bit that occurs as you explore the asylum. It's really a pulse pounding experience that leaves you saying "WTF"."
- "I love scary computer games and video games that make me want to jump out of my chair when I play them. I have always been a fan of scary movies and it is such an amazing feeling to find a good scary game because then I feel like I am immersed in one of my favorite horror films. Outlast is an amazing game that is terrifying and exciting. You make your way through a horrific abandoned asylum and encounters hideous creatures and terrifying discoveries. This game is full of shocks and scares that I absolutely love."
- #21 of 31
in What are the best PS4 Indie Games
- #38 of 48
in What are the cheapest PS4 games