This solution is ranked
in What are the best PS4 Horror gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Violent games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One Horror gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One zombie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 survival gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the scariest single-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Outlast 2
- "very good handling of images to generate fear, the situations of persecution feel real with the simple fact of turning and see if you are still persecuted, images are somewhat grotesque in some cases but in the end the idea is to terrify the player, very good graphics and interfaces are very good, invites the player to continue introduciendoce the game and get as far as possible and you leave that feeling of chase when you finish, does not give you rest you have to be very alert, excellent game"
- "Not quite as good as the original game. At its best, it can be brutal, way more so than most horror games. But too often it devolves into the usual horror game tropes."
- "Outlast 2 benefits from avoiding the tired mental asylum setting of the original and travelling the lesser worn road of the Sonoran Desert. This is an authentic horror experience and is not, by any means, for the faint of heart. Outlast contains some of the most terrifying moments I’ve experienced in a horror video game, ever. I play it loud and in the dark to heighten my experience but do not really recommend that if you are squeamish. Outlast 2, like any good sequel, builds on the experiences of the original.""A very violent game but not for everyone. It's got mixed reviews and although not priced as a full game currently, isn't worth it to me at its current price. Perhaps waiting for a sale to purchase it is worthwhile. Overall, a decent game that has content being added to it slowly. Doesn't seem to have much value playing after the 6 hours of gametime."
- "Man, do I love horror. The bests of the best is survival horror. This has more to offer than most game of that type. It's really adventurous, and scary in a lot of places. This is overall a pretty intense and dramatic game, good for a few solid hours of heart-pounding action. not bad."
- "There is nothing quite as exhilarating as a good jump scare while playing a horror game. There are plenty of those in Outlast 2 while I was trying to figure out how to get through the survival. There are some bugs when I played on Steam and this sequel does have some parts to the game where finding the objectives are a bit confusing. ""Theres something about going into the human mind that is awesome to experience. The original Outlast was an awesome game and this sequel is a real mind bender. There is always something to explore and freak out about."
- "This is a horror game and it's definitely atmospheric. I had to escape from killer hillbillies while not being able to defend myself -- you can only run, that's it, no weapons allowed -- so it's incredibly atmospheric and I experienced many jump scares. Good game, and the price isn't too expensive. This is a must-own for horror fans.""This is a very atmospheric game, though it might be too scary for some people searching for this. It will likely fit for many people though, and I am interested in it.""Good game, but many issues. I would recommend the first outlast game instead. This one had a terrible ending, linear level design, and became more frustrating than scary towards the end. However, the moments in the school was the some of the best horror sequences I've ever played. "
- #18 of 33
in What are the best gore games"This game starts off with a dead pregnant women, so this certainly isn't to everyone's taste. But for those who like their games dark and gory, this is great. The action is plentiful, the environments are engaging and well-designed, and the story is rather involving. The soundtrack is quite creepy. There are a number of genuinely scary moments during play. ""I have played every game, watched EVERY good, gory, survival horror game or movie; and more are horrid than even playable. I was BORN into video games, have more than anyone in experience and knowledge of what's actually good; and this list is FAR from accurate. I'll tell you above and beyond... I have NEVER been disgusted or even scared at times (yes it's possible now with this game to scare me from a game) playing EXCEPT for this game. Play it in the dark, with a bucket next to you, it's THAT good."
- "I don't buy horror movie tickets, and I don't buy "first-person psychological survival horror video games." Serioiusly, I have enough sleep issues without adding something like this! Sad to see the original was acclaimed; there are so many better ways to spend your time and money. So while it may in fact be "one of the best scary single-player games," I'm about the last person you should depend on for that information."
- "There are many better games out here and most games from this developer are hideous at best. Look elesewhere as the gameplay is horrible. The graphics constantly freeze, controls dont respond and various other things just dont work."