This solution is ranked
in What are the best RPG turn-based games with squad mechanics on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC Dungeon Crawler RPG gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games for MacBook AirRead user opinions
in What are the best CRPG games for Steam usersRead user opinions
in What are the best actual RPGs (nobody knows what a Roblox RPG is)Read user opinions
in What are the best mac gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games for low spec PCsRead user opinions
in What are the best PC tactical RPGsRead user opinions
in What are the best Low spec Steam gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play without graphic card and low RAM memoryRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play with a Steam ControllerRead user opinions
What the community says about Pillars of Eternity
- "I wouldn't say that "Pillars of Eternity" is the best RPG game with squad mechanics on Steam, but it's a solid enough choice to be in my top 5. The story is pretty well written and it's replayable at least several times without becoming too boring, so overall I'd say it's a decent selection. ""I have been looking for a good squad, turn based RPG and Pillar of Eternity is just perfect. I have only been playing for a few hours but I can see this being something I play for a long time."
- "it has a few flaws, like not being able to run fast on my state of the art gaming setup, but the character designs, weapons and items are a sight for soreeyes""One of the best RPG's I have played in a long time. I loved it. So fun and time consuming. I couldn't stop. "
- "It's hard to take a classic and proven formula and somehow improve upon it in a meaningful way but that is exactly what this game has done. In doing so, it has earned itself the right to be called a classic itself. It's truly one of the best RPG for the macbook air.""I am a big gamer and a loyal mac user. When I saw this game it looked worth playing. I spent a long time in the character creation process because I was thoroughly thinking about which race to choose because there are so mancy race to choose from. Elves, dwarves, humans, etc. Also, the graphics are pretty good in the gameplay is smooth and lots of fun. I will enjoy playing this for many months.""There are many games for OSX, including Pillars of Eternity they are all on Steam. Steam in fact is the biggest repository of games anywhere on the internet and many of the game are supported by OSX and that means the MacBook Air also."
- "Pillars of Eternity is a notably old-school RPG that captures the feel and style of the turn of the millennium stalwarts of the genre. It's a great way to introduce younger players to the isometric RPG style that produced so many addictive titles. One downside to the game, if anything, would be perhaps that it is too indebted to these older games, that it feels like a game that will be remembered as a very good game but not an absolute classic like those that came before it.""Pretty good game overall, although the developer is absolutely terrible, they'll charge you out the ear for all of their trash DLC and do anything they can to get more money out of you. If you don't care about that though, it's a pretty good classic RPG."
- #10 of 34
in What are the best games on Steam"Not sure if Pillars of Eternity is one of the absolute best games on Steam, as that is definitely a matter of personal taste, to some extent, but I personally enjoyed it, based on my own preferences. It feels old-school in its approach to the RPG genre, which might be a pro or a con for some - some might consider it dated, while others might appreciate this approach. Perhaps it is not quite as addicting as some of its extremely storied predecessors, nor is it too groundbreaking, but it compares very favorably to most modern games."
- "There are plenty of RPGs to choose from but this one is particularly special. It's a homage to the great RPGs of old but introduces new elements of its own. It runs well on my 5-year-old PC and looks great. A must-play for any RPG fan.""I don't have a lot of RAM on my computer and yet want to be able to play cool games for PC. I really like the look of Pillars of Eternity, a PC game on Steam. Unfortunately it eats up the RAM of my laptop, so it's not a perfect game for me. :("
- "RPGs are my favorite genre, so of course I had to play Pillars of Eternity! I made an Elven wizard to journey through the rich story Obsidian created for this great game. I had to make a lot of choices that influenced how the story played out, so I really felt immersed!""Pillars of Eternity does a nice job of providing a lot of elements that RPG gamers would be looking for. The story is one of the best around and worth a play for any gamer looking to explore a tactical RPG."
- "Adventures await you in this RPG game. I play this in the morning to get my brain going for the day. There are so many levels with twists and turns, it is hard to stop playing."
- "I think this is worth a shot at least, @Nancy. Sure, you've seen it all before but I think it's still all in the execution and Pillars was extremely well executed. With the steam controller, it's even better since the devs gave it legit bindings that are perfect for the game. I'd say give it another shot with the controller!""Not worth the price. The game is fun, but it's typical, and just not worth it imo. There are tons of games like this on the market, nothing really makes this stand out from all the other games. If the price was cheaper it would be worth it, but as it stands now it isnt."