This solution is ranked
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best single-player games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games with split-screen on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play with a Steam ControllerRead user opinions
in What are the best games that involve physics on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Linux multi-player LAN party casual gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One backwards compatible gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games with dark humor on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games that involve science on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox 360 games for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best innovative FPS games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best customizable gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-Op gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best two-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-op online games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games for low spec PCsRead user opinions
in What are the best games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play with a controllerRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play without graphic card and low RAM memoryRead user opinions
in What are the best video game storylines for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Portal 2
- "Love the storyline. The jokes were very well-written and they never fell flat. Highly recommended for people who are looking for multiplayer cooperative games. Hoping that a third installment is already in the works!""cant believe sven co-op isn't number 1!!! sure portal 2 has funny storyline but sven's gameplay is much more terrific!""i would suggest this if youre looking for co-op games to play on your couch!!! it's suprer realaxing""It was hard to pull off a sequel with reusing what made the original too much. That is exactly what Valve was able to pull off. There is more emphasis on the story and character development this time around. The single player was great but the real star of the show was the co-op mode which transitions smoothly from the main campaign. One of the best co-op games around. Just fo play it.""Defenitely one of the best co-op games on Steam that you can play with your friends on a computer. I suggest you also play this because this enables you guys to make your own puzzles!! ""Recently I was in search of a challenging co-op game on steam. I was surprised by how well Portal 2 fit the bill. It has become one of my favorite games to play with friends.""I like the customizabel puzzles here which you can challenge your friends with. Sounds super fun right???""It has been more than six years since the release of Portal 2 and now it is 2018 but i am still playing this game. This is one of the best co-op games i've played out there as through this you need to rely on your partners or else you won't be able to progress on your game. ""In our spatial reasoning exam, we were asked to play Portal 2 on that. It was my first time playing this game and I didn't know that there was this sort of shooting game. I like the storyline of this game and the humorous voice-overs. I've never enjoyed a game like this.""With an engrossing story and next generation game play , I am always ready for a round of Portal 2. With with friends, I can chose the multiplayer setting with a different story. With interesting new challenges that can be created, it keeps me interested."
- "I have played Portal 2 with my sons for years. We have played it on the X-box but recently my husband moved us to Steam. While the picture is a bit smaller on a monitor the game play is just as good. ""This portal game gave justice to the first one and has proven that not all sequels suck. It provided me with countless hours of gameplay and excitement."
- "Portal 2 is a classic. I think everyone who has steam has played it at one time or another. It's always fun to play puzzle games with friends, and it does create some interesting memories. For example, me and my friend Sheldon were playing Portal 2, and he messed up one of my portals so I punched him in the face. Ok, not really, but I wanted to since we had to start over again (it was a hard level). It's a very well-written game, and it certainly provides a lot of interesting ways to accomplish certain goals. ""I absolutely love Portal 2, and I'm not in the minority here. It really shines when it comes to split screen, or local co-op. You can pick it up on steam and start playing from the couch with your friends in no time."
- "In my opinion, Portal is best played with controllers. Steam's controller may be a bit difficult to get into because it has a touchpad instead of analog sticks but once I got the hang of it, it was great! :)""hot take: this game is really easeir to play with Steam's touchpad controller than the the usual controllers from mainstream consoles. Well, that's maybe because I am a Linux gamer than a console gamer. "
- "I have been getting bored with the game offerings on Steam lately, especially any that involve physics. My friend recommended "Portal 2" and I have been addicted ever since. It is a great puzzle game with an entertaining story that keeps me playing for hours. "
- "If you're looking for a humorous and involved story incorporated into your game, then you'll find that with Portal 2. It's one of my go-to games, really funny and just a lot of fun to play, but also seriously challenging.""This game is great if you are looking for a puzzle game with a dark sense of humor but is still light hearted. Play as a duo of robots trying to escape death traps set up by another robot. "
- "Portal 2 is a steam puzzle game that has been highly received. It's a fun game that will keep your brain active and thinking to get to the end of the puzzle. It's available on steam at a reduced price, I would recommend it.""If you are a science buff such as I am, then this is perfect for you. I found it quite fun and humorous to design these puzzles myself! It really appeals to the scientific mind."
- "i mean, i love portal 2, and it's one of my favorite xbox 360 games. im just not so sure about how the kids will handle it. it's a bit darker than most kid games would be, and the humor will definitely fly over their heads, but i guess they can just stick to the co-op mode since it's loads safer for the kiddie ears. meanwhile, i can watch wheatley get harassed by a bird. over. and over. and over."
- "The sequel to the rabidly popular Portal, Portal 2 builds on the formula the original created: make puzzles, make them hard, and make them fun. While it does run on FPS mechanics, there's really no "shooting" involved. It's a good puzzle game, though!"
- "I love games that really let the player customize their experience. Portal 2 is by far my favorite customizable game. The level editor and steam workshop give this game endless replayability. If you're like me and love to customize your games try Portal 2 today!"
- "This game has been around for over a decade, and it loses none of its charm for me. The graphics keep getting better, and the levels of involvement has moved into even more involving realms with the co-op feature. I can spend hours in game and never get bored. "
- "Portal 2 is a puzzle game on Steam that has overwhelmingly positive reviews. It has both a single player mode and a totally different story for its co-op mode. The game has been around since 2011 but people are still actively playing it. That is a very good sign. This definitely address the problem."
- "This is one of the best games that you can ever play by Valve. This will appeal to those who like sci-fi and puzzle games. It has a good story, a lot of fun to play, and looks great despite being almost a decade old.""This is an awesome game and the neatest thing about it is you can design puzzles for your friends to work too! This was so much fun for my friends and I to do together and to try to challenge each other. I made some for my kids too which was great. Overall this was really really fun for those who like puzzle and strategy games. If not it might not be your thing. ""altho not as good as the first portal, this one is funny, entertaining, and can get you hooked for hours on end especially if you play it with a friend in multiplayer"
- #13 of 34
in What are the best games on Steam
- "Not only is Portal 2 a great game just in general and even includes some hilariously funny subtext, but it's also a great option if you're looking for a great PC game to use your controller with. I recommend this game to everyone and anyone who uses a controller to game on their PC - it's just one of the best options out there and is endlessly entertaining."
- "My PC is a bit out dated, I struggle to run games that require a lot of GPU power or RAM so I was a bit worried about this game since it looks pretty good. So far it runs great though, you can tell they designed this game to run on just about anything. I get slightly lag in certain sections but it goes away quick once I move past it. "
- "If you enjoy working through a challenging puzzle you will probably love Portal 2. This demanding puzzle game offers the player as huge variety of options to design interesting puzzles that you and your friends will want to solve. Portal 2 sharpens your design skills and offers you and your friends a ton of fun. "
- "The Portal series is absolutely amazing. The puzzles make you think, and it is always a good, fun time. I would highly suggest this game to anyone looking for a different puzzle game. ""This game is a great addition to multiplayer options on Steam. I love the challenge in creating my own puzzle for my friends."
- "I first played Portal 2 in 2011, I played on my ps3 with a friend and it was a blast! I'd almost forgot about this game and then I saw it for PC, the PC version lives up to the PS3 version, in fact it may be superior. I absolutely love the Portal franchise and I'm happy at least one developer still cares about "couch co-op." I would recommend this game to anyone that likes puzzles.""As one of the few games that offered local co-op when things were just starting to shift to MMO style, I can't recommend Portal 2 enough. It's not very action orientated, sure, but it's a good puzzle game and betraying your friends at the last second is pretty amusing in its own right."
- #34 of 48
in What are the best games"Great Idea! The concept of building and expanding your own design of puzzles with your friends and family is awesome. As a mother of two teenage boys that are self proclaimed gamers, this type of game would be just the type of game I would want my boys playing. The futuristic scenes and the action packed possibilities are enough to keep them entertained for hours.""Portal 2 is a great game. There are interesting puzzles that you have to solve and unique gameplay. You can play either solo or in multiplayer. there is a separate storyline for each mode. This is an incredible sequel to the first one which was the game of the year in 2007. My daughter and I had many fun hours playing through this game.""This is a great games that stimulates your mind and enhances your thinking skills. Portal 2 is a first person puzzle game that enables you to create your very own puzzle for your friends and yourself. My son absolutely enjoyed this game as it helped him come up with his own co-op puzzles that were engaging and fun. "