This solution is ranked
in What are the best zombie games for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best zombie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best zombie games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best LAN party games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Project Zomboid
- #5 of 21
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PC"I've played this game back in high school, hoping and waiting for the day when they finally finish this and now that it's here, I'm glad that it's still as good as it was years ago. Sure, the beta stage still isn't done, but it will be soon and it'll be rad!! The pixelized/8-bit graphics really gives me a dose of nostalgia :D""This game is a real hooker! Ive been playing for over a hundred hours already and I dont get bored or what. The feeling of standing on top is too irresistible.""I'm a fan of Project Zomboid's base building zombie gameplay. Its gameplay rhythms are a lot subtler than other open world base building horrors, you, the zombies, your hunger and your needs all move a lot slower than, say, Minecraft. It's a lot more gritty than a lot of games in the genre."
- "Project Zomboid is one of my favorite 3D games. It truly immerses you in the experience of surviving a zombie invasion. I find myself in quite the frantic while playing! The graphics are good enough, and the controls are pretty easy to learn. I love this game! I recommend it to all 3D gamers and those who enjoy zombie games.""Project Zomboid is one of the best zombie games on PC but I think the most challenging part is that the entire map is open and I swear there is minimal guidance to none at all. You will need to have your Zomboid wiki with you.""still under development, but its been out since i was in high schooler, im working now lmao but i can say that the wait is worth it due to the improvements this game has undergone. totes worth paying for it bc its one of the best survival games out there"
- "To be honest, if you are just starting with this zombie game, I suggest you keep an open tab of zomboid wiki because the entire map can be overwhelming and it is open and it offers minimal guidance. It veers away from your normal and typical zombie game where you just need to shoot, this requires more long-term strategic moves.""Watching The Walking Dead tv show inspired me to seek out some zombie games on steam. Project Zomboid is addicting! It constantly challenges you to make plans and fight for your survival. A great game that kept me coming back for more thrills.""This is a 3d game, which I am not used to at all. But it's easy to get started with the sandbox style play. You are basically in this word with zombies, it's the closet thing to being actually in a zombie apocalypse. "
- "Project Zomboid is a fun third-person sandbox approach to the Zombie Survival genre. I struggled with the game at first because I tried to loot the biggest caches - noob mistake. You need to level up and gain weapon skills in order to successfully find bigger caches of weapons and supplies. I liked the realism of needing to find basic supplies and sleep. I also liked the AI, which was predictable but fun."
- "Project Zomboid is a game with an interesting concept. You interact with zombies in a 3D atmosphere, like an RPG game, yet this has a new idea with features not seen for a survival game, such as a generally light demenor. It's worth a try!""I LOVE ZOMBIE GAMES. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. THIS IS TRASH. I WOULD RATHER PLAY PLANTS VS ZOMBIES THAN PLAY ZOMBOID!!!""This is an amazing game. not a whole lot of people seem to like it as much as other true 3D / First Person survival games. i think its very unique in how it differentiates from other games in the genre. it makes itself unique in that almost everything. and i mean everything. can be interacted with. and there are many other uses other for everything than just looting. you can take the bedsheet and hang it over a window so no passing zombies see you. if you find a hammer, nails and planks. then you are able to board up your window or doors. the power will either be on or off depending on where you are in the zombie apocalypse. first there doesnt seem to be many zombies. but soon. you can be facing hordes of zombies."
- "If you like zombie games, this game is for you. RPG games allow me to let off some steam and what's better than fighting against a zombie apocalypse. "