This solution is ranked
in What are the best city building games on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best alternatives to Age Of Empires 2 for PC with good graphicsRead user opinions
in What are the best city building games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best remasters and remakes on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-op online games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best war strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Strategy games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Rise of Nations
- "I think this was developed to be an impressive PC city building game but it really just wound up being exhausting. It was bound to be when you consider that it was meant to span such a great length of time. I also found some issues with the integration as it didn't always work properly with Steamworks. Overall, it was just too much of a hassle to bother with.""I love me some pc city building games. I don't know why, they just really keep me involved. I recently found Rise of Nations: Extended Edition and this game is hands down, just amazing. I love that it has cool features, like twitch.tv streaming that really push it over the edge. Highly recommend!""A really great city building game for PC, has some great updated features. What I really like is the included ability to Twitch stream the game without too much effort on your part. "
- "This solution is ok. Again it is one game alternative to Age of Empires 2. A better solution would be a listing of a few choices http://gazettereview.com/2016/02/top-five-games-like-age-empires/ http://www.moregameslike.com/age-of-empires-online/""The best alternative to Age of Empires 2 for PC with good graphics Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. It is a RTS game that lets you do lots of cool things like stream to Twitch. ""This game is lame. It's not very original at all. Super boring. "
- "Rise of Nations is a great game on steam, and I've now purchased the Extended Edition. The updates have made the game so much better, and it now includes Twitch.tv streaming! The most obvious change in the enhanced visuals and the inclusion of a full screen option which has made it so much easier for me to see the screen and the details of the landscape! ""What do you do if you want a city building game with depth?. You download Rise of Nations: Extended Edition of course and enjoy the slick gameplay as you advance through history.""Why settle for building just a city when one can build a whole world? Fun to build them up, fun to break them down! :)"
- "Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is one of the best remakes on steam, if you could call it that. It's actually an extended version but it includes new things. If you love the game, then you should check it out.""I would read the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition description and watch the trailer to see if it fits the game I want to play. If I like it I would purchase the game from the Steam website.""This looks like a really good game! I think I want it! I think this is a really good solution!"
- "I was looking for a good co-op horror game. I checked out Steam and found Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. I thought I would love it, and so did my friends, but we hated it. The "enhanced" features aren't that interesting. The game-play is mediocre. And the graphics are sub-par. I would not recommend this game to anyone that loves horror co-op games. There are much better games out there.""How the hell did this game even get onto the list of "Coop HORROR" in the first place, and how did the first person commenting even right their review and also calling it a "horror"???""I've been playing the extended edition for a while now. I like that it is like the classic original but with more features. It a odd one has Twitch.tv streaming which is an added bonus. It completely enhances the playing experience. ""It is great as the rise of nations is a game that I remember, but would not play anymore otherwise because of the outdated graphics. ""This is not really a horror game but it is still a great game to play. You build cities and fight to take over the rest of the world. You get to travel through time periods and even get a little bit of an education. It has a smooth feel to the game and has a lot of play time."
- "I am not familiar with this game or its history, but I think it is fun to play. The multiplayer aspect makes it entertaining and challenging. I also like that it's on Steam."
- "This game fulfills my conviction that I am, indeed, a reincarnation of Hannibal - or maybe Alexander the great. I can masterfully carry on great campaigns, in the Alps, in the Amazon Rainforests, Ancient India, or right in the heart of the D. C.; war zone of 2019! I shall prevail! All delusions aside, this is a great strategy game with excellent graphics and historically accurate settings. "
- "Strategy games are my favorite genre to play on Steam and Rise of Nations is a classic everyone a fan of the genre should play. Rise of Nations: Extended Edition is an updated version of the classic with very positive reviews and improved visuals. Its a great game."
- "Rise of Nations is a realistic real time strategy game that will always keep you interested and focused. the graphics are very realistic and you can find this game on steam. There are many levels to this game so you will never be bored.""If you love RTS games then you're gonna love Rise of nations. The extended edition available on steam spans all histories and is a pleasure to play. This version expands on the original to boot!"
- "Rise of Nations has been around for a while, and the new integration with Twitch is an absolute genius move. That being said, it's not really for me. It moves a little too slow for my tastes.""Gotta say that spanning all of history gives you a lot to work with in this outstandingly rated game. Some real nice tweeks with Twitch streaming and Steamworks integration ... well done!"
- "This classic game has been updated for Steam, and if you are into this sort of thing, it is a great. You don't need to have played it before, but you do need to be interested in building civilizations. For me, that is great! I love this sort of thing, and the more additions and tweaks they make to the game, the more realistic it becomes. There are so many variables and the designers seem to have covered a lot of them. For me, this is one of the best sort of co-op games, since you feel like you are thinking about how things work in actual history and not in some fantasy gameworld, so it is easy to get involved from the start.""This is a good introduction to the game "Rise of Nations: Extended Edition. It contains information about the basic game as well as including the differences in the "extended" edition. It also will tell you all the system requirements for the game. ""I was looking for the best co-op games to play on Steam, and this is not it. It's an rts, but it's got a history theme, and that is just not my bag. I think this one is pretty lame."