This solution is ranked
in What are the best platformer games for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best Co-op RPG games for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best action RPG games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best couch co-op RPGs for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best metroidvania PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best metroidvania games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the cheapest PS4 gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Salt and Sanctuary
- "The game was described to me as a 2D Souls game. That is the first impression, but itâ€™s not a complete picture. Itâ€™s a Metroidvania in terms of world building, with plenty of platforming and ability unlocks that give you the tools you need to access new areas. Itâ€™s also more platform than Souls when it comes to the smaller mobs throughout the levels. The mob placement makes the platforming better, you learn their differences and cut through them. This is how you spend most of your time. ""Cool graphics, interesting storyline, and and enjoyable characters and skills. Overall a very well done game. I think I might save a lot of money while playing this on my PS4 for a year! (Kidding though, GTAV here I come)""Salt and Sanctuary is still a fairly new game, just over a year old, and it employees the 2D style of game play a lot of action role playing games are going with these days. However don't be fooled. The artwork is amazing and the game play itself on par with other triple A titles that come out. I highly enjoyed playing this title and it's an excellent addition to my library. "
- "@Jason Weaver Graphics isn't the entire package when it comes to games lmao. If graphics are the only thing you're after, then that's fine. But the game's design is literally made that way to give that retro vibe. Shame some people can't appreciate the classics, though""I was slightly disappointed in this game. The gameplay and scenes are interesting enough, but only developed in 2D rather than 3D. I found too many of the screens with a muddled dark look which was annoying. "
- "It's a ton of fun, a great challenge, and a wonderful new take on the Souls formula, with plenty of its own tricks to make it original and fun on its own merits. The couch co-op seals the deal, though online multiplayer would also be nice""As an avid fan of fantasy games, this game made me impressed! I liked the part of choosing a Creed the most. ""If you like RPG games you owe it to yourself to try this one. It's available via Steam. One of the best 2D games in this genre I've played."
- "This game now owns my life. I can't stop playing it. It's like Metroid meets Dark Souls in the vein of Darkest Dungeon's atmosphere. I simply can't get enough of it. Out of the many games that have attempted to bring Dark Souls to two dimensions this one is the best. I would reccomend it to anyone who likes Soulsy games or anyone who wants to get into Soulsy games but wants a lighter game to start off with."
- "Some of my favourite video games when I was younger were Metroid and Castlevania. So I was interested in finding a similar style game to play in my downtime at work. Salt and Sanctuary would be the perfect game however it's a game on PSN and not PC. Even though game looks like it would be awesome to play I don't think my supervisor would be very happy if I had a Playstation at my cubicle.""I was so bored with linear gameplay until I found Salt and Sanctuary! This metroidvania allows for some cool exploration in the game and is a lot more engaging!!"
- "Salt and Sanctuary has been around for over a year, and it's gotten tons of great reviews. I wanted the game for PC, however, and it's not available on Steam. S&S is for Playstation 4 only, making this a game for the wishlist, along with a new gaming console. ""Salt and Sanctuary sounds like a metroidvania game, but this link is for the Playstation Store, not Steam. I'm not sure that this is a good solution to the problem."
- #34 of 48
in What are the cheapest PS4 games