This solution is ranked
in What are the best Top-down Shooter games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best top-down shooter games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Shadowgrounds
- "I'm a huge fan of top-down shooters for PC and I am always looking for new ones to try out. I stumbled upon this game called Shadowgrounds when browsing Steam one day and I just had to check it out because it looked pretty awesome. After playing it for some time I can honetly say that this game is a must play for fans of the genre, especially if you love split-screen co-operative gameplay. Blasting through the game with a friend is insanely fun and my friends and I had a blast while playing it. The graphics are slightly dated by today's standards, but the gameplay is great and real gamers know that is all that ultimately counts. Check it out if you're a fan of top-down shooters!""Shadowgrounds is probably one of the better made-for-PC shooter games (normally I'm more of a console girl), but this one is clearly built for PC and it makes the game play really enjoyable. The visuals and storyline are great, and keep you entertained all the way through."
- "A lot of fun, and I'll be honest, I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. The action can be pretty frantic, but not overwhelmingly so, and the graphics and visual effects are quite good and match very well with the art style. Most importantly to me, it was a good deal of fun to play.""I can't say enough good things about Shadowgrounds. It lets you play with your friends, keeps you interested in the storyline, and keeps you on the edge of your seat with its action oriented gameplay. It's a short game, but then most non-RPGs are, so spend your money wisely!"
- "Thought this was exclusive on mobile and had to bear the crap controls on the touchscreen, i was so exited when i found out that this one is on steam as well! now i can play this with a mouse and a keyboard and not that crappy touch screen that alwasy makes me lose online matches!""Shadow grounds is a old school shooter with an amazing weapon system. It's a great game if your looking for old school nostalgia ""Shooting games have always been up my alley. I came upon this game and wanted to give it a try. It is a great game.""They call it innovative, but it ain't really. It gets hyped on the description only."
- "I love playing co op against my friends online. I recently found Shadowgrounds on Steam. It is a real good game to play co op with. My friends have also gotten it recently and we play together and have fun for hours at a time. I really recommend this game. ""Shadowgrounds is like the worst co-op game available on steam to date. It's dated, it runs like poo, and the connection is constantly dropping. Give this one a pass, the net code is really garbage."
- "I was looking for a good local co-op game for my new PC. My friend told me about Shadowgrounds. I tried it out for myself and, well, I don't care for it. It's repetitive, boring, and just the same old thing I've seen a million times in shoot 'em up games. It just doesn't grab me at all. I played for about an hour and then had enough. If you want something new and exciting to play with friends, get something else. This was not the game for me.""I've played Crusader: No Remorse almost to death; I was looking for a similar game to play on my PC. A friend from an online gaming forum recommended Shadowgrounds as a slick-looking game with incredible fighting action. Unfortunately the game (available on Steam for PC) is Windows-only, which means I'll be limited to playing it at work or at a friend's house. ""This game is action packed and will leave you entertained for hours upon hours. Its unique in its own way and I love playing against friends."
- "The screenshots appear to be decent, not top shelf, but decent given the price of the game. It does have decent ratings and it has been purchased over a half a million times, though purchased and played are two completely different things when it comes to Steam with their legendary sales. The game itself, based on the hardware requirements, is certainly not a resource hog and should be playable on most systems. All in all, I would say that this appears to be a pretty good game for the price. I'd certainly consider buying it.""An old game, so if you like the super edgy new worlds and styles, this one is not for you. I must say I was not too impressed with the graphics, even knowing the game is 10 years old. I've played many games older than that which were better looking and smoother to play. But it feels like a classic, and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it. ""I am just not that impressed with this game. I wanted a good co-op I could play on Steam, but this one just isn't very enticing. I tried it out with some friends, but it was lackluster and somewhat boring."