This solution is ranked
in What are the best roguelike games on PCRead user opinions
in what are the hardest video gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Ps4 roguelike gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Free games on steam to run on a low end laptopRead user opinions
in What are the best RPGs for a bad PCRead user opinions
in What are the best puzzle roguelike gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Roguelikes on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best dungeon crawlersRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games under 250MB that can be played on low end PC'sRead user opinions
in What are the best Android games for ChromebookRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best casual indie games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best 2D puzzle platformers on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Co-op RPG games for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best 2D platformer games for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best dungeon crawler games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Indie GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best roguelikes/roguelites on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games to play without graphic card and low RAM memoryRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 party gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Spelunky
- "A fun little game that helps you increase your skills as you go along. Fun, colorful characters in an underground setting that helps you get lost in the game! So many levels that make it a unique experience every time you want to play!""Not particularly sure what is meant by 'roguelike" -- but if it's referring to the dungeon crawler game, it's not very relevant to Spelunky, which is a platformer."
- "I feel that this game is very much like a mix of Mario Bros and Indiana Jones. The authors need to come up with a novel idea-- not rehashing the same thing again and again!""Interesting game. It doesn't look like much at first but once you start peeling back the layers you realize how complex it is. Can't say too much, just play it and see. "
- "This is a very old school Spelunker kind of game. You travel underground avoiding traps and bad guys while collecting treasure. All of the levels are randomly generated so it is never the same game twice. You can even play co-op with your friends. Have tons of fun in the fully destructible environments and compete against other in the daily challenge. ""The potential of this game if they make this online and coop i believe it will boom it is a bit difficult at first but you get the hang of it over time.""Gamers pay attention! Looking for something to clear your mind. Improve your skills without being totally addicted."
- "This game is casual and fun totally great for playing when you just want to relax and unwind. It has a good amount of action without having you stressed out like harder core games can. "
- "What I really like about this is that the game keeps changing scenarios. The levels are randomized so you are constantly surprised. It's an interesting game that keeps my attention very well."
- "You can think of this as Indiana Jones meets Metroidvania style games. Playing this with friends makes for some very interesting and fun gameplay seeing how far and how fast you can complete each run. ""If dark souls was a 2D platformer, this would be it. Its ever-changing level design and having to start from the beginning every time you die makes this one of the most punishing platformers you will ever play. Local co-op has a totally different pace to it especially if you play with someone who is used to the game already. ""This game is unpredictable! One moment it was so easy evading traps, and the next you wouldnt even pass the first 3 traps! Haha! What a fun game to play with friends!""Spelunky is quite challenging. Reaching the exit befre the time is up is the thrill. My friends and I compete with our net worths to see who is the best.""Spelunky is one of those modern games that I'm somehow already nostalgic for. I guess that's because it reminds me so much of the old Nintendo games. It's sort of like a cross between the first two Mario games. I highly recommend it.""Super fun game that makes you think! It's got 4 player local coop so that's a huge plus. It also has a fun cute feel to it but also is a brain twister."
- "Spelunky is one of the best new games that I have played in a long time on Stem. I love all the different levels and adventures that this game offers. Every time I start a new level I feel like I am starting a new adventure! My favorite part has to be the daily challenges, not only are they difficult, they also help you learn how to be successful on future levels. Get this game now!!!!""Spelunky is one of the first games that come to mind when somebody mentions dungeon crawler. An older game, yet extremely popular one, Spelunky is the epitome of the genre and is available on Steam. Its positive ratings and high popularity means that this title is a must-have for any Steam library. I highly recommend this title and enjoy it myself."
- #13 of 31
in What are the best PS4 Indie Games
- #14 of 34
in What are the best games on Steam
- "Indiana Jones meets Metroidvania style gameplay. That is as interesting as it sounds but prepares for a challenging time as this is anything but forgiving. Play it solo or as a 2-player pc game for more fun.""Don't let the cutesy aesthetic fool you; this game is hard. Spelunkey is a roguelike game, which means that you'll die a lot before you get the hang of it, and that the world map changes every time you die. This can be frustrating or addictive, depending on your playstyle, but Spelunky is at least fun and you can drag your friends along with you. All the better to watch them die~"
- "I think Spelunky looks like a great choice for roguelike's on PC. It has a fun Billy and Mandy to animation to it, which is a show that I really liked. I may just try this out later in the day.""Spelunky is one of the best roguelites available. Easy to play, hard to master and developed for years with love and dedication by its creator, there are very few roguelites that match it. "
- "I think this is a great suggestion for someone that doesn't have a graphic card or wants games with low RAM memory this is a fun interactive game where you try to grab as much treasure from the cave as possible. Every time you play the cave's layout will be different. "
- #19 of 72
in What are the best indie games"The big daddy of the new Roguelite wave (arguably, Diablo 1 and its clones were the first roguelite wave). The first game to bring procedural generation, permadeath and a focus on emergent gameplay from classical roguelikes into a platformer. This is the remake, the previous pixelated free version is still available to download on the web, with source code. Utterly perfect game design and level generation, with hilarious emergent moments. Yetis in particular can cause incredible chain reactions.""The big daddy of the new Roguelite wave (arguably, Diablo 1 and its clones were the first roguelite wave). The first game to bring procedural generation, permadeath and a focus on emergent gameplay from classical roguelikes into a platformer. This is the remake, the previous pixelated free version is still available to download on the web, with source code. Utterly perfect game design and level generation, with hilarious emergent moments. Yetis in particular can cause incredible chain reactions.""Great art and a difficulty that you'll love to hate, this is a game that rewards players tough enough to survive it's punishing learning curve. If that's not enough for you, the daily challenges bring some welcome addition and variety to the daily grind and punishment.""The link is to the Steam Store powered by Steam. The game Spelunky is a unique platformer with randomized levels that offer a challenging new experience each time you play. Journey deep underground and explore fantastic places filled with all manner of monsters, traps, and treasure. You'll have complete freedom while you navigate the fully-destructible environments and master their many secrets."
- "Spelunky is a cool platformer that you can play on your own or with friends. It has a character that is a lot like Mario except he digs. The worlds look kind of like Mario and Maplestory mashed together. It looks fun and interactive.""Spelunky is an action based adventure game comparable to mario. I love this game and have spent countless house on it. Give it a shot!"
- #27 of 30
in What are the best PS4 party games