This solution is ranked
in What are the best 2D survival and crafting or exploration games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best open-world multiplayer survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best 2D Minecraft alternatives for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games similar to MinecraftRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op RPGs that can run on low end laptopsRead user opinions
in What are the best games under 2 GBRead user opinions
in What are the best exploration PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best multiplayer survival gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best online multiplayer PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
What the community says about Starbound
- "Eventually grew tired of the Terraria theme of swords and shite, so I tried this game out. It's like the same, but with more futuristic stuff, new environments, and basically a more chill atmosphere. Most definitely will be playing this from now on""The solution works. Starbound is a great survival game in 2D form."
- "This really was a surprise. It was a little slow at first but quickly turned into a game where every time you play it is an intriguing adventure. You pretty pick your destiny any you explore the cosmos and planets. This is one of Steams hidden gems.""This game although in 2D beats tons of other games out there. Its not the graphics its the excitement suspense and fun it gives you. It is almost addicting and my time passed by really fast when I play this game.""Perfect solution. Starbound is an endless sandbox game. It'll leave you playing for hours.""Yet another great game on Steam. The variety of planets is great and fascinating. If you're into the interstellar I suggest give this a try you wont be disappointed."
- "I have been looking for another game like Minecraft for quite awhile. I was instantly drawn into the sandbox style of Starbound. I like the game play because it is mission based. I can forage and create but I also have goals to meet.""I'm amazed with the graphics. Compared to Minecraft, there are similarities with the graphics but the challenge in this game is more intense. ""This is a game I can get lost in for hours. There are different places to explore and I like that I can create my own story that makes this game even more interesting and engaging and most of all fun.""Starbound is a decent substitute for Minecraft. There are a lot of similarities in tasks and game play. The space theme is a welcome change from the usual Minecraft scenarios."
- "I've always been a gamer. especially with computer games. i have a very cheap chrome book and wondered how games would run on it. Starbound is awesome. great game that runs without a problem."
- "I love it. Really. For starters, sandbox games are my favorites, so there is that. But the game is really well designed, very creative, full of surprises and cool details that make it endlessly entertaining. There are lots and lots to discover, to play with and to understand. It can be challenging at times, because there are so many possibilities and you want to try them all. I loved that I could reinvent myself as all sorts of mind blowing creatures and really shape my adventures the way I wanted them to be. Beware though: it's a major time waster...""Starbound is a solid exploration PC game that is simple but fun. I enjoy going from planet to planet, going where I want to go, building what I want to build. Simple graphics, but immersive gameplay."
- "Starbound is a super fun co-op game that can be found on the Steam platform. For people like me who love a good sci-fi setting, Starbound sets the tone while bringing me a great experience. Over 90% of it's almost 50,000 reviews have been positive, so if you're looking for a good co-op experience, give it a try.""A sci-fi take in the same vein as Terraria. The number of locations to discover, items and weapons to craft, structures to build make it one of the greatest and most memorable 2D platformers that I have ever played.""Don't even try to hate on this one. The game is beautiful, the story solid and the soundtrack is amazing. Play by yourself or with friends. The exploration goes on and on and updates extend the play even more. I love this game. A definite winner."
- "A great game for single and multi-players to explore an outer space adventure. The best part of this game is that you can create your own story to uncover galactic mysteries or colonize uncharted planets. It encourages your mind to come up with strategies to find your way through this outer space adventure. "
- "This game is fairly basic in it's design and screening but it provides the gamer with an interesting series of scenarios that will test their skills and decision making process. Looks like a fun, basic gaming solution.""I love playing survival games and Starbound is really fun. The graphics are so vibrant and unique and playing is a joy. "