This solution is ranked
in What are the best games like Harvest Moon for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best xbox one games for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best 2D Minecraft alternatives for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best pick up and play gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 fishing gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Farming simulatorsRead user opinions
in What are the best 2D survival and crafting or exploration games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best games you can play quickly on a laptop while watching TVRead user opinions
in What are the best Relaxing games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS-Vita-gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best fishing games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Time killer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Indie GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best single-player Switch gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 sandbox gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One sandbox gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One games for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best Games for Nintendo SwitchRead user opinions
in What are the best Casual games on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about Stardew Valley
- "As a general rule, I'm not a fan of 'sims' type of games that the main purpose it to build a city or grow a farm. This game does have a variety of different ways to play, but in the end it doesn't have anything uniquely special about it. All in all, its a good way to waste an afternoon, but I couldn't see myself playing it long term. ""I think Stardew Valley is probably one of the best games like Harvest Moon that I have ever played. I noticed that it really has been inspired by Harvest Moon as it offers a similar gameplay which has been improved. What i like the most in Stardew is that the time in the game actually passes as in the real life. "
- "Stardew Valley is a world building game that centers on your farm and building up your new life in a top down view. It will keep you entertained for hours with lots of different options and ways to play the game.""This game makes you think outside the box and shows you that anything can be accomplished if you work for it and put your mind to it. I think it's one of the better games out personally."
- "I found this very entertaining game on Steam, it is called Stardew Valley. It is a very relaxing game, perfect to unwind after a long day at school or work. The platform is that you have taken over your grandpa's dilapidated farm and it is up to you to bring it back to life. Absolutely check this out if you are looking for charm, character, and a place to absolutely sink a lot more time than you intended."
- "It handles pretty smoothly on lower end devices and there's a huge map to explore and build upon. Though it might not be the best, it most certainly deserves to be on the top when it comes to this genre""This already looks like a lot more fun than Farmville. I want to chop down some trees and plow some land. This game seems like it would be very relaxing. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one. ""Stardew Valley is a 2D crafting/exploration game that I've found to be extremely addictive. It's like a farming game and RPG mixed together. It's relaxing and enjoyable. "
- "It is a highly rated game and everyone was playing it when it first came out. And it'd be easy to play on a TV the way you described if you have a good length HDMI and a external mouse and keyboard.""If you loved any of the Harvest Moon games, you will love Stardew Valley. It's the same basic concept. I really enjoy it and highly recommend it if you like simulation games."
- "I think it's hard to call a game relaxing, because they all involve some level of involvement, but Stardew Valley is an easy game to play. Though a strategy game, it is a bit more low key so I think it's the closest you get to finding a relaxing game. And it's a great one, more engaging and additive than it seems at first.""This game draws a great deal of influence from Harvest Moon, it is extremely similar, so if you enjoy that game than this will scratch that same itch for you. The game is a large time investment, the crops take a long time to grow, so if you're just looking for a relaxing thing to do occasionally, this works quite well.""If you are not looking for a real challenging game then let me recommend Stardew Valley. Basically, you inherit your old grandfathers farm plot and a bunch of hand me down tools a little change. You are out to begin your new life. It is a pretty mellow game but very fun to play. "
- "PS Vita is a console that did not have enough time in the sun. It is a great handheld console that has great games that Sony doesn't care about. Well, I still care about the VIta and I still care about Vita games. I think this will give me a great look into the best Vita games and relive them. "
- "Cool game and all and it has the fishing feature to it, but it's not what I'm really looking for. I think the people who come here are looking for fishing simulators, not farming games where a fishing factor is present. Still a decent game though, tried it out because it made me curious.""if there's anything i hate worse than mobile games, it's games that could work just as well on mobile but are for windows. reeeeeeeeeeeee! i sure i was gonna hate this but everybody kept raving about it, so i had to check it out. now i get it. you will too""This is not very helpful for fiinding fishing games. This is a farming game. Looksinteresting but did not help me with information about fishing games"
- "I get bored. A lot. I was looking for a game to just kill some time. To just really lose myself in the grind of something. I was given the solution to try Stardew Valley. How had I not known about this game before? This game is the ultimate time killer game, and I'm so glad I came here for the answer. ""I do a lot of business travel, and often find myself with downtime sitting in airports and train stations. No better way to kill some time than with Stardew Valley for PC. It's fun little game and a great way to burn some time before the train arrives. "
- "Stardew Valley is a quirky and appealing farming game that is tons of fun to play. I play it when I want to relax. It has beautiful graphics, good music, hilarious characters, and a simple but well written storyline. The only thing I miss is a multiplayer version which I think is coming soon."
- "A decent game at best, really nothing to write home about. It's got good graphics and a okay story."
- "This game is so different from your ordinary killer and thriller games out there. I love the intelligence it takes to make something thrive rather than the brute force to kill something. Don't be afraid to play this. It's OK to be uncool when it's so much fun to do so!"
- #14 of 72
in What are the best indie games"If you've ever played any Harvest Moon game before then Stardew Valley is sort of feel and look familiar but in reality, it goes beyond that. There's an abundance of great activities to do, endearing in-game characters to interact with and looting galore. One of the best indie games and just a great adventure overall.""This was a lot of fun for me. I downloaded it and thought the cost was minimal. If you like this type of game, which I do, you will love this. There is a lot of variety and the graphics are great. It is also easy to navigate for those of us who are not so tech savvy. Love it.""I couldn't stop playing this game! I love the art style and the story sucked me in. I played all night and didn't even sleep! Tired but satisfied.""All I can say about this game is that it is really cool and relaxing. I really enjoy playing this game to pass some time."
- "If they are interested in old farm and RPG games your kid will love this games but I believe there are much better games than this one in the market. The only advantage of this game is that you can play it on almost every computer since the minimum requirements are very low."
- "On the surface, this seems like a simple farming simulation game which I also thought of when I started playing it. As time went on, however, I found myself engrossed in it, playing every chance that I get. This is one of those games that you have to play to really appreciate."
- "This is so boring that even kids won't touch it. I don't mind going old-school with games but this should never have been brought back. I don't see why people would want to pay for this game, much less buy it in multiple platforms! If I could get a refund, I would definitely spend my money on any of the top 15 games on this list. At least they are certified great games. Don't take a risk on this guys.""I was playing Link on my old gameboy with my nephew. He told me that the graphics reminded me of a game called Stardew Valley on Steam. I don't have much time to game these days but Stardew Valley was the perfect kind of game from me when I just needed a break from the day.""Have you every heard the admonishment to "Get a Life?" This game's got one for me it seems, and the reviews on Steam are outstanding! Wouldn't have guessed that from the description, but maybe we just need to get away to the farm sometimes!""This is a great game that you can walk away from whenever and not worry about if you cant get back to it for awhile. Its got a fun theme and theres lots of stuff you can do within the game"