This solution is ranked
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best PC games to play on HalloweenRead user opinions
in What are the best co-op horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the scariest multiplayer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the scariest single-player gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best single player survival games with a campaignRead user opinions
in What are the best games similar to MinecraftRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best gore gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best games on Steam that are darkRead user opinions
in What are the best survival games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 survival gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Forest
- #1 of 21
in What are the best survival games that are open world base building horror single players for PC"Pretty addicting if you ask me, the intriguing story plus the amazing game mechanics will add this game to my personal list of "unfinished games due to sidequesting". NGL, I feel sorry for the character's son, being stuck in that underground lab while his dad goes and deforests the entire island LMAO""The forests is a terrifying game that makes me think about cannibals and the possibility of their existence near civilization. I wonder if there are some near me.""ooh,, sounds scary, a forest full of cannibalism survival, talk about nightmare getting worse. RPG horror personified.""Nothing comes to mind better than The Forest for an open world horror game to try out. With an overall rating of 91%, this game does not disappoint and offers plenty of hours of fun."
- "Cannibals on a deserted island usually spell "gorefest" for me, not a horror game with creepy-ass tribesmen. And if you think you've gotten used to it, prepare thine self for the sewn-together bodies of people, walking around like a muh'ffin spider and making noises that would keep you awake at night. Overall, this game is PERFECTLY executed, despite what the other guy below me says.""Good concept for a game, but I think it was lacking in execution. I did not feel very invested or scared. Overall, meh.""A decently creepy game, has nice atmosphere and is a standout among early access survival games."
- "This is an interesting game that has you defending against zombie as well as watching out for attacks from other players. The dread that you will have until you hear that terrifying and piercing scream every 30 minutes is worth it.""Very atmospheric and tense. I'm not very into horror games... Playing alone is fine when I'm in the mood, but while playing co-op makes things a little lighter, it was really fun navigating through the game's dark environment, especially with a friend. Solo and multiplayer are both fine, but I definitely had the most fun playing multiplayer.""Got this as a gift from my officemates. In my opinion horror is more like ghosts or something, but this game is more of a zombie gore than horror for me. Still enjoyable to play wioth my colleagues.""This is like camping with cannibals and wild animals truly scary for me who doesn't like the outdoors. Its more like it made me more scared to go outside :'(""This is not gore or ''ZOMBIE'' horror game, most people who have commented here havent play the game in serious way or understanded what it really is about. Without giving away spoilers im just gonna say its an awesome game, medium sized open world and great storyline that you have to figure out by urself or with ur friends. Its worth 14.95 trust me!""This game looks good. I am huge fan of survival horror games, including the classic Resident Evil series. This game reminds me a lot of the movie The Descent. The scene where you traverse the caves and light up a flare revealing the mutants around you is certainly a scary surprise. "
- "Thrill seekers will like this game. It has an intense atmosphere that feels like a combination of action, horror, and survival. The story is unique too and I've tried lots of survival games before 👍""The scary part comes in when you realize that your fear of being alone is triggered. I personally have that phobia and perhaps it gets triggered knowing the fact that the game makes me the only survivor of a plane crash and the scary part comes in when cannibal creatures would that would attempt to deceive you that they are harmless would suddenly attack you randomly during the day!! This is a survival game so develop your skills very well!""I really love a good scare. Recently I was looking for a multiplayer game that would give me that scary thrill. I found it. The game is Called Forest and it is absolutely frightening. This is a new game put out by steam and best of all it is multiplayer.""The Forest was able to help me get over my fear of scary multiplayer games. I learned a lot about the different techniques developers use in games to make you afraid. Now, I pretty much expect anything when it comes to a scary multiplayer game! ""I think this game has really good graphics it looks very realistic like a real forest. It does indeed leave the player scared with the impression they have been running through it. I also like that it has multiplayer so I am able to play this with my friends."
- "The Forest is a hugely popular game that allows players to experience the game through the eyes of a lone survivor of a plane crash, and must work to survive against the creatures of the forest. It offers both single player and multiplayer experiences, and offers tons of hours of entertainment. I really enjoyed this game when it released."
- "one of the games like minecraft with better graphics. this puts on a very scary twist to adventure and survival. it's scary but entertaining at the same time""I picked up The Forest because i was bored and it looked interesting. To my surprise it reminds me a lot of minecraft in survival, creating and building items. I would say it's a survival game that is very under the radar and a gem in a mine. I would suggest this to anyone of my friends.""I recommend this game for people who have strong hearts. Overall, I'm really impressed with the challenges. ""The graphics are far better than what Minecraft currently has to offer. I also feel that there is more survival in this game than in Minecraft. The creativity seems limited, however, in that I don't feel there are likely to be as many "building blocks""
- "It looks rather simplistic at first but it's really a fun game of survival in a place where you're the intruder. I especially liked that you didn't necessarily know what's around the corner so it kept me in suspense wondering what I would be encountering next. Recommended.""GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING. 3-D AND REALISTIC. There is no other greater way of making a survival and horror game better than providing a realistic environment right in front of you""I got a craving for some good old horror games. I tried The Forest on my PC and it is pretty scary. The game perspective is first person and there are quite a few good jump scares and the cannibals are very creepy. It got my heart racing for sure."
- "The Forest is one of the best horror games out there right now. It is still in early access and is heavily under development, but is already in a great and stable place. The game is only getting more and more features added in to make it even better than before. CYou can play with friends which is a good thing because it's too scary to play alone!""I just started playing this game and the story of this game is captivating. I have mainly focused on building and survival, as I progresses through the game, I can only speculate on a possible ending to the story of this game."
- #14 of 33
in What are the best gore games"This my speed right here. Not a lot of games appeal to gorehounds like me. This game is sick, though. If you need blood and guts in your game play, then here i your answer. Seriously messed up. Wow!"
- "'The Forest' is still in development with fixes or upgrades to apply a couple of times a month. Some are quite extensive which left me wanting to start over. It has amazing graphics and is quite dark. Those who like this genre will surely find this intriguing and worth being in at the start of what may become a viral series. Personally, the living dead aren't 'my thing' and I'm suspecting I will lose interest sooner rather than later.""I understand this game was made by only 4 people but they seriously should have done more testing to make sure their minimum system requirements were based in reality. I bought this game because it was supposed to dark and intense, not laggy and blurry and I was closer to the recommended requirements. "
- "Try to imagine being the sole survivor of a deadly passenger plane crash and having to come to grips with staying alive in a dangerous forest full of cannibals. This website has all the information and means to test your survival skills. Horrifying and challenging all in one place.""The Forest is a great game for those who love the survival games. It has a different twist than most in that you are a survivor of a plane crash and have to avoid getting eaten by cannibals. It is a pretty cool game."
- "I gotta say, I am a huge horror fan, and a huge horror game fan so I am always on the lookout for the next best thing. I think I found it. The Forest is a great horror game where you have to survive after a jet crash. It's available on Steam and my new favorite game right now. ""I love the pace of the The Forest. The game involves a nice mix of grinding - e.g., building a hut - and horror - e.g., defending against the mutant cannibals. I got hooked on the storyline, which exposes you to the culture of the cannibals. "
- "As the survivor of a plane crash on an uncharted peninsula, you must use nature and the tools you scavenge to build bases and defenses against the native cannibals while looking for the missing passengers and your son. Open world with single player or online two player. Players must maintain hunger, thirst, warmth and optionally sanity."