This solution is ranked
in What are the best games like Monkey IslandRead user opinions
in What are the best games with a great soundtrack on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Retro games for playing with KidsRead user opinions
in What are the best video game storylines for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best Telltale gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Pirate games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best remasters and remakes on SteamRead user opinions
What the community says about The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
- "It can be hard to find games with a good soundtrack on steam. Granted, for most games I can just turn the volume down and play some music but that really limits the immersion of the game. A friend of mine got me playing The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition and I have to say, the soundtrack is amazing. It's crazy how a fantastic soundtrack can really put you inside of that game. It makes the experience, for me.""This game mayou have a great soundtrack. I can only imagine that there are plenty of pirate shanties in the game. The music for game has been remastered from the prigional and is now fully orchestrated. It sounds like that would be a delight for your ears. "
- "The Secret of Monkey Island is a classic adventure game that is really fun to play. It will help kids with literacy by reading and following a point and click adventure. I can highly recommend it as a retro game to play.""My best friend has a daughter at the start of the time when kids want to play games, this was a great find for her!"
- "It's so cool that they have brought Monkey Island back. This was one of my favorite adventure games back in the day. The new graphics and game play are really good compared to the old game. Even if you didn't play the original, this is still a really fun game.""A great game with a great story. I let my kids play this game because it's simple to play and funny."
- "The graphics of this game are smooth and seamless for the style it is trying to go for, which almost feels like a comic or a cartoon. The gameplay is unique and immersive. The mind will be challenged while playing this but not too much that it becomes frustrating or un-fun to play. ""Being a big pirate fan makes this game amazing I love the action you get when playing this game. The game is fun and addicted all at once I love the Island and how many levels to the game."
- "This is it if you're into Pirate games. The graphics aren't that great of quality, but the fun game play makes it all worth while. Everyone would love this. From ages 10 and up there will be enjoyment through out the whole game. Great way to pass the time and I do mean that! You'll have a hard time stop playing this game.""The graphics are retro, but the game, story, and gameplay are as perfect as it gets. Despite being a serious game, it has plenty of quirks and humor that make it a rather memorable experience""I love this game, it's exactly what I was looking for! It's just a fun pirate game I can play on Steam, and I think it's cute as heck to boot. It was originally released in 1990, but I didn't get to play it then -- I'm glad I get to play now that it's been redone!"
- "My husband enjoyed this game a lot. It is in his top 5, he really enjoys the graphics and storyline. He also believes it stuck true to it's character. "