This solution is ranked
in What are the best Mystery games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best games with a great soundtrack on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 exploration gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Lovecraft based games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 adventure gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One adventure gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best exploration PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Horror Survival games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best Atmospheric games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best open world games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best horror games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
- "I recommended this game to people who are into paranormal kind of action game conflated with an extreme sense of mystery in a storytelling form. I never thought I would be hooked by this game but it just did--it always does. In this game, you will have the ability to communicate with the dead and gather clues (Yes you play some sort of a detective and combine clues).""I really like the first person mystery game, The vanishing of Ethan Carter. The game play was awesome and very intriguing. ""This is a great mystery game!! I wish there was a feature on the site where it would mention other similar games. "
- "This game is so immersive and the soundtrack is insanely creepy. This reminds me a lot of Heavy Rain and that is one of my favorite games ever, if you love creepy games try this out."
- "So I had one big problem after buying my gaming PC, I was l in search of a lovecraft based game on Steam. Well after some searching I was able to find The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, its a n indie mystery game here you play a character called Paul Prosper, its very fun!""Great game with a deep storyline, requiring thought and puzzle solving. This game is different than the usual action filled games, but in a good way. Great visuals."
- "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is an OK horror game, but it does not really differentiate itself a lot from other Steam offerings, and I only got a few hours out of it overall. The story was kind of vague and boring. It was also a little short and did not offer a ton of replayability. Something like a survival horror game might be a better value, because you can play it more than one time while continuing to be satisfied because it draws from other genres that emphasize skill and action over a narrative.""I love playing as the detective and I enjoyed this game. But I think it's more of a mystery than a horror game. ""This game is an all around popular one even in other game categories and it shows just how great this game is. Thoughts?""First off, the visuals in this game are simply amazing. But for as great as it looks, the game itself is rather disappointing. The game play is based on exploration, however the exploration is very linear. And the the overall quality of the story was underwhelming. Also, the game itself was relatively short and can be completed in a single, long session. Visually appealing, but ultimately not worth the price of admission for this game.""I will admit there is a problem with the quality of horror games on Steam at the moment. Then along comes The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. I personally enjoy a good jump scare, and this game does not disappoint. Did I mention it was on sale at the moment? This is exactly the solution to my horror game woe on Steam."
- "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is an indie first-person mystery game. You're Paul Prospero, a detective who receives a disturbing letter from Ethan Carter who has vanished in the wake of a brutal murder which Paul quickly figures out might not be the only local murder worth looking into."
- "PC games seem to lagging in being a top platform for gamers with the newer console systems coming out with newer versions. If someone is looking for a great game to get into with their computer as their main platform, this game does seem to compete well with console games. The video used for advertisement is was engaging and it made me want to learn more about it."
- "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is amazing in terms of atmosphere. The game is absolutely immersive. It's visuals build a world that is both believable and completely enjoyable.""I think this is a good game to get people invested into the mystery that makes people want to play it"
- "This definitely seems like a new take on open world games. Most story driven games are linear but with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, you can explore the world as you progress. ""This game was aesome! I loved the story and the mystery. It was tricky to figure out some parts of this game but that made it even better. So fun! "
- "I'm a huge fan of spooky horror games...the kind that send chills down your spine with their creepiness. I went looking for a new horror game for PC, and wasn't disappointed by The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, available on Steam. You play a detective investigating a murder, and, well let's just say plenty more happens. I won't spoil it; try it yourself. ""This looks like an interesting game. The added clips, trailers and screenshots make it easy for me to understand what kind of game it is and whether or not I would be interested in it."
- #47 of 72
in What are the best indie games"The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is not a game for everyone. A term often used here is "walking simulator." It's very much a "story game" - there is not much in the way of intense action, mostly puzzles and story to see. However, the story is fantastic, thoughtful, and dynamic. If you care more about story than action and violence, this game is for you! But if you like your video games with a big helping of gunfire or deep strategy, move on - it's not a bad game, it's just not everybody's thing.""First of all this game is beautiful. I like playing these types of mystery games in general but this one is great because it actually has full controller support so I can sit on my couch and play through big picture. The gameplay and environment are immersive and the puzzles are challenging but not so difficult you want to give up. Wait for a good sale and snatch this one up.""The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a game that a lot of people recommended to me, but I can't say I liked it at all. Something about the way the characters moved made me get seriously motion sick and vomit into my garbage can! Be careful if you get motion sickness!"