This solution is ranked
in What are the best Total War gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Samurai gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best empire building PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best mac gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best class-based multiplayer PC gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC epic strategy gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Real Time Tactics games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best RTS games for PCRead user opinions
in What are the best strategy games for MacRead user opinions
What the community says about Total War: Shogun 2
- "After playing all of the Total War games, I could easily say that this is the best. I really admire the graphics and the UI is solid as well."
There are no comments yet!
- "Become a Shogun warrior in 16th century Japan as you plan battles using the Art of War stragedies on land and sea, conquer islands and build your very own kingdom. You can play in two player mode, battle online up to 8 players, making this game very social and something that can really be enjoyed from the first sword movement. ""Smooth gameplay, awesome fighting scenes, base-building, and strategy all integrated into 1 game. I love how we can use diplomacy and perform assassinations against other kingdoms. It's the perf game for every strategist""This game was not what I was looking for, as I am not very interested in the subject matter. I prefer fantasy empire building games rather than those with a historical plotline.""Total War: Shogun 2 is an interesting empire building game. You play as a Japanese fuedal lord who's trying to expand his empire. It's one of the classics for sure."
- "Still set in the Sengoku period of Japanese history but even if you are accustomed to the earlier version it still looks magnificent. There are two stages of play. A turn-based strategy layer, in which you manage your clan that takes time to play out, and a real-time battle mode, in which I lead my army to a stupendous victory.""Shogun 2 is a mediocre Dynasty Warriors clone. I played it online multiplayer and the graphics are bland and it is kind of boring. If you want a good multiplayer feudal Japan game, then you might just be better off staying with Dynasty Warriors."
- "u can never go wrong with total war games. as a huge fan of the ways of the bushido shogun 2 totally got me hooked to the game from steam. it isnt a new rts game since the total war series have been going on for a long time, but id have to say that this is one of the newer games that got my attention and managed to capture it even years later""RTS or real-time strategy is a sub-genre of strategy video game which does not progress incrementally in turns. According to its Steam page, "Total War: SHOGUN 2 is the perfect mix of real-time and turn-based strategy gaming for newcomers and veterans alike." So, yes, it solves the problem. And according to its reviews, both by user and professional, it appears to be a good game.""One of the best war game I've seen and it can make you feel like a Samurai on the battle frields leading an army of honro-bound people into their glorious vicotry or death.""This game has a little bit RTS aspect built into it. It also has turn based strategy as well. So if you are looking for a bit of variety in your game play, this would definitely be it. The graphics are pretty good and the game play is smooth. ""Shogun 2 is one of the funnest games when I like to feel like I'm back in Japan! It's got all the gore and war that you could want!"
- "The thing I thought was most important to note about this game is it's ease of play in comparison with most pc epic strategy games. I mostly stay away from games like these as they end up just being to frustrating and over complicated. This game, although complex and rich provides easy to use and understand gaming mechanics.""This is a great turn based game. It is high in strategy and war type play. Steam is a great vehicle for games. It is something I have used for years and through multiple PCs. It is always comforting to have all of my games together. "
- "This entry in the Total War series is highly atmospheric and addictive. Its a rather good choice for those looking for a Real Time Tactics game on the Steam platform. The game strikes a good balance between accessibility and complexity, in a genre where game interfaces can be somewhat overwhelming to the newer player. I'd highly recommend it to those with an interest in previous games in the series or with an interest in the game's feudal Japanese setting.""Whenever you think real time strategy you think of a total war game and Total War: Shogun 2 is no exception to this rule. This game is amazing and allows one to truly immerse themselves in what it would be like to command a large army in feudal Japan. The combat and strategy is great and really puts into perspective the size of medieval style warfare."
- "Of all the RTS games Total War: Shogun 2 is probably my favorite in the line up. Superb gameplay and graphics, Total War: Shogun 2 will keep anyone completely engaged and challenged for hours and hours. Plus, it's on Steam and at a price that can't be beat."
- "I got into turn-based gaming thanks to my preteen nephew. Shogun 2 was one of the first ones he showed me, and I haven't bothered to play any other ones. I like that it's easy to use when you're new. But it's also interesting enough to keep my nephew's attention, too, and he plays everything. A gaming computer isn't necessary to play the game -- I use a MacBook.""While Mac does not have that many good games, it does have Total War: Shogun 2. This has to be one of the best strategy games out at the moment and it is definitely one of the best on Mac!"