This solution is ranked
in What are the best 3D Platformers on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PC adventure games with pets in themRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One games for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One platformer gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best platformer games for PS4Read user opinions
in What are the best Local Co-Op Multiplayer games for Xbox OneRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One family gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best Xbox One indie gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best casual indie games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best open world games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 Indie GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best local co-op games on SteamRead user opinions
in What are the best PS4 family gamesRead user opinions
in What are the best indie gamesRead user opinions
What the community says about Yooka-Laylee
- "I recently played Yooka-Laylee and found it to be the best game I ever played. It was such a beautiful open world with so many different locations to explore, learn about, and study in this unforgettable experience. It was so fun, I let my 10 year old son play it all day when he is done with his homework. I give it two thumbs up.""Yooka-Laylee is an all-new open-world game from Playtonic. Explore massive, gorgeous worlds, meet a really odd bunch of characters and gather collectibles as you travel through the Yooka-Laylee world. It's a cartoon and it's an adventure. Have a blast as you battle the evil Capital B."
- "This game is great to play! It is filled with adorable pets. The animation is done in such a kid friendly, but very stylish way. It has just a fun and adventure filled theme to the game. I really enjoy playing PC adventure games and this game really nails it. The little lizard guy is so adorable!""I asked for pet games, these aren't pets, more like pests. Decent game, not great, but it's not what I am looking for. Who has a pet dragon? No one. There are even made up animals I've never seen. Give me cats, dogs, birds, not some made up fake thing. Terrible solution. "
- "As a fan of the old Banjo-Kazooie games I found this game pretty interesting. The gameplay is very similar and and has the same cartoonish art that I used to enjoy as a kid. The downside here is that the developer hasn't come up with anything new or original and is, in a lot of ways, just trying to get by on past glory. "
- "I love gaming and as usual I was snooping around Steam looking for a new game and I ran across Yooka-Laylee. I really captured my interest because I loved Donkey Kong. It has a variety of different worlds to choose from that are quite enjoyable. Also, it is great fun playing alone and even more fun playing with friends. It works great on Xbox and I recommend this for all ages, it is a worthy game in it's entirety. "
- "I bought this game because of all the hype around it. It's a casual indie game and I love supporting developers who are indie. But after spending some time playing it I must say it is missing a few things that would make this game perfect. The level design is lacking and the characters aren't very relatable. If you're looking for a casual indie I would give this a chance though. It's hit or miss for most people.""Yooka-Laylee may not have as many levels as the Banjo-Kazooie games that inspired it, but it's still a great throwback to old-school 3D collectathon platformers. Levels are big and fun to explore, with lots of content and a great soundtrack to boot. A game every nostalgic gamer should try! ""Yooka-Laylee is a very laid back game but is very fun. It has fairly high ratings overall and its definitely earned. I have been able to kill hours of free time playing this game."
- "In need of a good open-world game on PC. I started searching for one on Steam. I ended up getting this game called "Yooka-Laylee". This game has a very nostalgic artwork, resembling old Nintendo games from the early 2000s. The gameplay is also fun. The only downside is the controls are very clunky, making it hard to control at times. Other than that, it's great.""When I heard this open world game on Steam was from the folks that gave us behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games, I was pretty excited. And when I was the Steam reviews, I was even more so! Certainly not cheap, but hey, great programmers gotta eat!"
- #24 of 31
in What are the best PS4 Indie Games
- "I wanted a good Steam Local Co-Op game. A friend found Yooka-Laylee. It is a pretty fun cartoonish game. We played it and had a lot of fun. I do not usually play this style but found it very fun.""Based on the description, this game does seem to have a co-op mode. It's also available on Steam, so it seems like a good choice for this problem."
- "I am a fan of the old banjo games and I find that Yooka-Laylee is fun to play but it doesn't have the depth of the old games. Yooka-Laylee has beautiful landscape visuals, a fantastic soundtrack, and fast-paced action. I think the game is enjoyable but it doesn't really draw you into the action as the characters and stories are too simplistic and predictable. It is too bad because otherwise, this would be a great game."
- #57 of 72
in What are the best indie games"I was bored with all the mass produced games on Steam and was looking for something different. I came across Yooka-Laylee and decided that it looked different, and purchased it when it was on sale. That game is amazing and solved my boredom issue!""Yooka Laylee is a fun flashback to platformers of the past. I wouldn't necessarily consider this an indie game. It feels like a more mainstream, big budget experience.""A nice huge open world game that kind of takes the feel of Super Mario Sunshine. Very fun to run around and explore and will have hours ahead of you to do so."