This solution is ranked
in What are the best Oscar Best Picture winners to watchRead user opinions
in What are the best Ron Howard movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best biography moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Requiem for a DreamRead user opinions
in What are the best Jennifer Connelly movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about mental-illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best Paul Bettany movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best real life movies set in the 50sRead user opinions
What the community says about A Beautiful Mind
- "This is possibly Russel Crowe's best performance after Gladiator and I thoroughly enjoyed watching A Beautiful Mind. John Nash is a great man with his inner demon and Crowe brought it out magnificently on screen. I didn't know it was helmed by Ron Howard until I stumbled into this site. And now I want to get a copy of this film!""It's hard for me to find a bad Ron Howard movie. 'A Beautiful Mind' is probably his masterpiece though. As a nerdy guy I loved the story of John Nash. Ron Howard handled the true story in a great way that didn't rely on dramatic tricks to goad the audience into emotion, but let it unfold naturally."
- " Beautiful Mind gives a glimpse of the struggles people face with mental disorders. For the most part, most of them are not aware they suffer from such a disease of the mind. The world becomes complicated to them and its difficult to differentiate between the imagination and reality. I saw this movie a few years ago and once it was released on blu-ray I had to have it. I am a psychology major and this brought life to many of the disorders I have studied. This is a beautiful movie not only about the complexities of the mind but also about love. Although he was suffering from this uncontrollable disease his wife stood by him and nurtured him. Many people are not that lucky especially when an illness arise. I recommend this movie to people who are intrigued by what goes on in the mind of someone with schizophrenia and also to witness what true love can bring to a persons life."
- "This movie is appealing to me since it's based on a true story. Jen Connely is here too so if you liked her in Requiem, this is one to watch. I also like the similarities between movies since this shows what happens when people fall from grace, much like how the characters become true addicts in Requiem for a Dream. "
- "One of the best biographical drama movies that I have watched. This movie still maintained the mysteries behind John Nash's life. Russell Crowe was great in this movie. But so was Jennifer Connelly, Paul Bettany, Ed Harris and Christopher Plummer. Great cast = great movie. "
- "I have a friend who suffers from schizophrenia and she always tells me these crazy absurd thigns that I can't just understand. When I saw this movie I was horrified with what really is going on with people who has schizo. It made me understand even for just a little bit."
- "Well, this isn't exactly Paul Bettany's movie but he gave a great performance on this one opposite Russel Crowe. It seems like Bettany excels in a supporting role as evidenced by this list. While he is a good actor in his own right, Bettany on the title role doesn't seem to work as well as everyone hopes for. That said, this is a good movie regardless of who's the main protagonist."
There are no comments yet!