This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies about mental-illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with amazing actressesRead user opinions
in What are the best suspense moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Oscar winning moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Natalie Portman moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Requiem for a DreamRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about mother and daughtersRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies or TV shows where the protagonist dies earlyRead user opinions
What the community says about Black Swan
- AnonymousWritten on July 4, 2018"It's a very cringe movie oh god especially the one with the skin being pulled on the fingers. It scared me tbh but it's a truly fascinating watch. I can't imagine myself suffering from the same illness as Nina I think I would've died early. It's important to seek medical help and acknowledge your illness."
- AnonymousWritten on June 1, 2018"I find this a very good psychological horror movie. I consider it one of the best. It is a gripping story about the descent into madness. The story makes more sense if you have seen Swan Lake."AnonymousWritten on June 6, 2018"AAAAH!!!!! IT IS VERY DISTURBING! They did a good job to DISTURB ME but I will not recommend watching this movie for people who have weak hearts!"
- AnonymousWritten on June 6, 2018"If it were up to me, this movie would be on top of the list. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Natalie Portman here, and this movie disturbed and shook me to the core. Her acting was compelling and just absolutely perfection!"
- AnonymousWritten on May 28, 2018"This movie kept me at the edge of my seat every time it was amazing."
- AnonymousWritten on November 26, 2018"Natalie Portman's best actress award for this film is well deserved! Heard Mila and she even went through real ballet training for Black Swan "
- AnonymousWritten on July 7, 2018"Gave me nightmares for a week! Now, I stay away from ballet even though it is one of my dreams. I was impressed with Natalie's acting here!"
- AnonymousWritten on July 9, 2018"Black Swan is a really cool and dark movie that I liked since it was not all about the glam that surrounds ballet but it shows the dark psychological effect it can have on people. Really amazing movie, and I think it does have a similar tone to Requiem for a Dream too so it's a good listing here. "
- AnonymousWritten on July 10, 2018"Black Swan is truly a movie to watch you're a fan of mysteries. This made me realize how hard it must be for those who are in the ballet industry. I also think Natalie Portman deserves an Oscar for this performance. "
- AnonymousWritten on May 16, 2018"A great movie that features the topic and explains it in depth."
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 2019"Oh God, where do I even start with this brilliantly twisted movie? Natalie Portman gives a stunning emotionally-charged performance as the insane ballerina who would go to terrible lengths to achieve perfection. This is not a horror movie, but there were a lot of times when I averted my eyes from the body horror I was witnessing onscreen. Darren Aronofsky has to be commended for the impeccable way he shot this film where he deliberately blurs the line between reality and insanity. I couldn't believe how bonkers this movie was. A must watch for lovers of thrillers and macabre cinema."
- AnonymousWritten on March 25, 2019"Can I just say how much I love Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis??? Nina is such as beautiful ballerina. Okay, to tell you the truth, I am a fan of Natalie Portman. I found out that she actually had a formal ballet training when she was around 4 years old to 13. Anyway, I can greatly compare this thriller movie to The Wrestler. They share similarities in the pseudo-documentary shooting style. Recommended as one of the best psychological thriller movies!"AnonymousWritten on January 2, 2017"If you are looking for a well acted, and mind bending psychological thriller, look no further than Black Swan. Darren Aronofsky brings his flavor to a movie about competing ballerinas and gives it a fresh take that will have you thinking about it for days afterwards. I enjoy a lot of Aronofsky's films and this is just another one that he does a superb job on. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis do a wonderful job in this film giving it the depth it needs to really twist the story and make you think."AnonymousWritten on February 8, 2017"Black Swan was a terrific movie. Natalie Portman was just amazing in this role. You can really connect with her struggles, hopes and dreams. Then Mila Kunis enters and really sets off the movie down a wild and dark path. These two actresses really excel in their parts and the eventual payoff is quite intense. 5 stars all the way for this one. "AnonymousWritten on October 3, 2017"if your looking for a simple movie about the art of ballet like I was, this movie isn't for you. The movie isn't bad but it's kind of an artsy fartsy movie so beware it's not for everyone. "
- AnonymousWritten on October 26, 2017"This isn't the best film because it doesn't clearly show the protagonist dying in the beginning of the film, but I can see how some people could interpret that. This is a good movie however, but I am not sure this is the best solution when it comes to finding this type of movie. "AnonymousWritten on November 16, 2017"Set in New York, Black Swan is the story of a ballet production turned murderous. A new production has 3 ballerinas competing for the staring role and puts in motion a suspenful sequence of events. "AnonymousWritten on November 10, 2017"This was such an interesting movie. It was full of drama. It was such a beautiful story. This is def one of those must sees for women especially. This is def worth watching."