This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies about mental-illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with amazing actressesRead user opinions
in What are the best suspense moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Oscar winning moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Natalie Portman moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Requiem for a DreamRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about mother and daughtersRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies or TV shows where the protagonist dies earlyRead user opinions
What the community says about Black Swan
- "It's a very cringe movie oh god especially the one with the skin being pulled on the fingers. It scared me tbh but it's a truly fascinating watch. I can't imagine myself suffering from the same illness as Nina I think I would've died early. It's important to seek medical help and acknowledge your illness."
- "I find this a very good psychological horror movie. I consider it one of the best. It is a gripping story about the descent into madness. The story makes more sense if you have seen Swan Lake."
- "Black Swan is a really cool and dark movie that I liked since it was not all about the glam that surrounds ballet but it shows the dark psychological effect it can have on people. Really amazing movie, and I think it does have a similar tone to Requiem for a Dream too so it's a good listing here. "
- "Oh God, where do I even start with this brilliantly twisted movie? Natalie Portman gives a stunning emotionally-charged performance as the insane ballerina who would go to terrible lengths to achieve perfection. This is not a horror movie, but there were a lot of times when I averted my eyes from the body horror I was witnessing onscreen. Darren Aronofsky has to be commended for the impeccable way he shot this film where he deliberately blurs the line between reality and insanity. I couldn't believe how bonkers this movie was. A must watch for lovers of thrillers and macabre cinema."
- "Can I just say how much I love Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis??? Nina is such as beautiful ballerina. Okay, to tell you the truth, I am a fan of Natalie Portman. I found out that she actually had a formal ballet training when she was around 4 years old to 13. Anyway, I can greatly compare this thriller movie to The Wrestler. They share similarities in the pseudo-documentary shooting style. Recommended as one of the best psychological thriller movies!""If you are looking for a well acted, and mind bending psychological thriller, look no further than Black Swan. Darren Aronofsky brings his flavor to a movie about competing ballerinas and gives it a fresh take that will have you thinking about it for days afterwards. I enjoy a lot of Aronofsky's films and this is just another one that he does a superb job on. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis do a wonderful job in this film giving it the depth it needs to really twist the story and make you think.""Black Swan was a terrific movie. Natalie Portman was just amazing in this role. You can really connect with her struggles, hopes and dreams. Then Mila Kunis enters and really sets off the movie down a wild and dark path. These two actresses really excel in their parts and the eventual payoff is quite intense. 5 stars all the way for this one. "
- "This isn't the best film because it doesn't clearly show the protagonist dying in the beginning of the film, but I can see how some people could interpret that. This is a good movie however, but I am not sure this is the best solution when it comes to finding this type of movie. ""Set in New York, Black Swan is the story of a ballet production turned murderous. A new production has 3 ballerinas competing for the staring role and puts in motion a suspenful sequence of events. "