This solution is ranked
in What are the best classic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best love stories of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best Humphrey Bogart moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies in black and whiteRead user opinions
in What are the best must see moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Oscar winning moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best favorite movies you've seenRead user opinions
in What are the best movies from the golden age of cinemaRead user opinions
in What are the most quotable moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Romance moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best World War 2 movies to watch onlineRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies about World War IIRead user opinions
What the community says about Casablanca
- AnonymousWritten on May 11, 2018"If you've ever questioned whether or not you should try watching Casablanca, let me make the decision for you: yes. There's a reason this movie is a classic. Set in WWII, it's full of tension, quick and clever dialogue, and romance as the world rages in conflict around this small group of people that circumstance brings together. The acting is incredible and the chemistry between the stars is a work of art. Truly deserving of being a classic."
- AnonymousWritten on July 5, 2017"At a cocktail party I was at the other night one of my friends posed the question, "what's the best movie with a love story." After much deliberation between friends I decided to see what I could find on Amazon. To my surprise, the first movie at the top of the list was Casablanca. Most everyone in the group were surprised and had forgotten about that movie. However, everyone agreed that might just be one of the best love stories of all time."AnonymousWritten on October 4, 2017"Casablanca is a great love story. It has been the basis of remakes for years and years. The story line never gets old. "AnonymousWritten on January 24, 2017"This is a good pick if you like bittersweet love stories. It also has so many memorable lines."
- AnonymousWritten on May 13, 2018"Casablanca is a classic Humphrey Bogart movie set during World War II in the Vichy controlled Moroccan city of Casablanca. This is one of those must see movies and is available on Blu Ray disc for you to enjoy."
- AnonymousWritten on June 2, 2018"Casablanca is a classic film that has been considered as such for decades. Elements of this film have created ubiquitous references in pop culture, and the performances have stood the test of time. This movie is an statement of art as well as film making."
- AnonymousWritten on May 27, 2018"I just finished watching Casablanca for like the millionth time. If you have never seen it, you absolutely have to watch it. It is the best classic movie, hands down."
- AnonymousWritten on April 16, 2018"This is such a romantic film. My husband and I watched it together last Valentine's Day and it was quite the treat. It has everything. Everyone needs to see this movie!"
- AnonymousWritten on July 12, 2018"The ending of this movie is really... But the story is really good for a classic film. Humphrey Bogart just got my heart!"
- AnonymousWritten on June 12, 2018"I don't know but I think that I was born a cinephile. I've watched films from Scorsese, Tarantino, Spielberg, and Hitchcock, among others. This one will one of my ever favorites."
- AnonymousWritten on June 15, 2018"I watched the movie Casablanca many times, and even if it's in black and white, and if it's a little slow, I love to see Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman acting together. The story is set during the WW2 in Casablanca, Morrocco, and you will enjoy the exotic halo that envelops this movie."
- AnonymousWritten on March 10, 2017"Casablanca isn't just one of the greatest romance movies ever made, it's one of the best movies ever made in general. The first time I watched it, I thought that it was so far ahead of it's time. The writing is wonderful, the setting is unforgettable, and it's the kind of movie masterpiece that shouldn't be missed. It sets the standard for romance movies, I don't think a better one exists."AnonymousWritten on January 23, 2017"This movie is a classic. Whenever anyone speaks of a good romantic movie, Casablanca's always brought up and for good reason. Its been almost 75 years and it still gets re-released even now on DVD, which really shows how memorable and great this movie is. If you've never seen it, pick it up today and watch it as soon as possible."AnonymousWritten on February 6, 2017"Casablanca is a classic movie and a timeless romance! It's bittersweet in its ending, but also humorous and really entertaining. If you're looking for a war movie with a classic romance plot line and iconic characters, you couldn't do better than Casablanca. I highly recommend this movie to fans of romance."AnonymousWritten on April 30, 2017"Casablanca is THE classic romance movie. It not something that everyone likes now-a-days, the younger crowd doesn't always like this type of acting. But for it's time it is fantastic!"
- #9 of 28
in What are the best moviesAnonymousWritten on April 30, 2018"Casablanca is and always will be an classic film. I always wondered what the hype about Humphrey Bogart was until I watched the film. Wow, he has an incredible range. I also like that the characters stand up to the Nazis. Elsa was amazingly beautiful too."
- AnonymousWritten on November 21, 2018"Classic!!! The movie was masterfully done. 5/5"
- AnonymousWritten on April 10, 2018"Casablanca is a classic movie that up until recently everyone recognized the line "Here's looking at you, kid." It's a story about a fellow who runs a night club that ends up being a safe haven for refugees looking to flee during WW2. It was released in 1942 and is still held in high esteem as a great piece of American cinema."
- AnonymousWritten on April 14, 2018"i liked this this drama it reminded me of the similar Caucasian chalk circle it is an interesting drama and nice flow"
- AnonymousWritten on October 1, 2017"After seeing Casablanca I can say that this cannot be considered the best movie of all time. The film is over 70 years old and modern audiences simply do not relate to an old black and white film."AnonymousWritten on March 23, 2017"Casablanca is definitely one of the best movies of all time. It tells wonderfully romantic tale and set a benchmark for all future films. If you are a film buff, you need to see it. "AnonymousWritten on October 4, 2017"I know this is a favorite of most old time movie lovers, but it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'm just too far removed from the generation and culture that would enjoy this. "AnonymousWritten on April 28, 2017"What a great suggestion. This movie is amazing, and feels very current with the current Vichy Republicans in charge."
- AnonymousWritten on September 21, 2017"What a long and boring movie! I thought I was going to see a great movie, the way people talk about it, but there was nothing but a bunch of talking. What's worse, the whole thing is in black and white!"AnonymousWritten on April 4, 2017"This is an amazing movie, one of the best ever. The scene where they sing La Marseillaise is probably my favorite movie scene ever. Great recommendation!"AnonymousWritten on October 4, 2017"Casablanca is not only one of the greatest romance stories it is also a really great war epic. I can watch it over and over again."AnonymousWritten on March 10, 2017"Casablanca is one of the best movies I ever saw. It is a true classic."