This solution is ranked
in What are the best Paul Giamatti moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about fightersRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about athletesRead user opinions
in What are the best Ron Howard movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational sports moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best boxing filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best sports moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Cinderella Man
- AnonymousWritten on May 28, 2018"Naw, he was good in Cinderella Man, no doubt, but it pales before his magnum opus as the main character in the genius film American Splendor. He truly captures the pathos of a man who can not tolerate the superficial, meaningless hypocrisy of late 20th century consumer culture. "
- AnonymousWritten on June 11, 2018"Who is the Cinderella man, really? His name is Jim Braddock, a down-on-his-luck fighter struggling to provide for his family during The Great Depression. After injuring his hands, Braddock worked as a longshoreman until an opportunity to fight again came in the form of world number 2 Corn Griffin. Thinking that it could be his farewell bout, Braddock took the fight and upset the favored Griffin. Stringing a series of victories, Braddock finally managed to get a fight with the most feared boxer at that time, the world champion Max Baer who reportedly killed the last fighter he faced in the ring. At 10-1 underdog, Braddock took the fight. This really is one of the best stories in all sports."AnonymousWritten on June 3, 2018"As someone that has been involved with boxing since I was a teenager and of whom grew up in poverty, I found Cinderella Man to be a very engaging movie. The main actor does an excellent job of portraying legendary boxer James J.Braddock and I found the entire story line to be very interesting. "
- AnonymousWritten on July 5, 2018"Another boxing legend came to life with Russell Crowe portraying Jim Braddock. The film captures the situation during those times and highlights how difficult it was back then. Given up for dead, Braddock's only desire is to keep his family fed, sheltered, and clothed. Something that anyone of us would aspire to do. But the only way he could have done that was to fight in the boxing ring, broken hand and all. Cinderella Man should have been recognized for what it was, a historically accurate biopic of a boxing legend."
- AnonymousWritten on June 13, 2018"Ron Howard did a great job on Cinderella Man. Not only because of the fight scenes. He captures the real story of the Great Depression. Russel Crowe and Renee Zellweger brought their characters to life with their performances. Oh, Paul Giamatti was also great in this one. 5 stars for me!"
- AnonymousWritten on February 5, 2019"A great rags to riches film with amazing actors! It will definitely lift your mood. Watch this film and be inspired :) "
- AnonymousWritten on February 18, 2019"Russell Crowe was my celeb crush and that's why I watched all his movies including this one. Cinderella Man is really a good boxing film and it's still a shame that it didn't win an Academy Award. 🤦♂️"
- #13 of 21
in What are the best sports moviesAnonymousWritten on April 16, 2018"Cinderella Man is one of the best sports movies on boxing. Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger give great performances and Ron Howard does a great job as Director/Producer. This movie follows the real life story of Jim Braddock. The boxing scenes are portrayed very realistically and the family story line holds your interest. There is blood in the movie, but that is to be expected with boxing."