This solution is ranked
in What are the best Orson Welles moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best favorite movies you've seenRead user opinions
in What are the best English-language moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best cinematographic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies or TV shows where the protagonist dies earlyRead user opinions
in What are the best must see moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies from the golden age of cinemaRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that use the Rashomon effectRead user opinions
in What are the best drama moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of all timeRead user opinions
What the community says about Citizen Kane
- "This movie is a timeless classic as it was the first film to use various angles. It was the film that was the golden standard for other future films. The storyline was original of its time that it sparked new creativity. "
- #2 of 28
in What are the best movies
- "This is one of the great classics! The shocking part is the quality of this film has been well preserved. It's hard to believe it's over 70 years old. The film has a lot of great actors of that time. It's rated PG so most of the family will be able to enjoy this classic."
- "They truly don't make movies like this anymore This is a true cinematic masterpiece and a classic. Arguably, Orson Welles' best performance, this is one to watch again every few years. I love this film!"
- "I wanted to watch some of the best movies ever made, so of course Citizen Kane is on the list. This is a great movie about a man in control of a business, and it runs through his life, showing his change from a ambitious and morally-upright young man to a vague shadow of that person in his later years. Wholly recommended."
- "Citizen Kane is an incredible film that transcends time and place. Its use of the Rashomon effect is noteworthy, particularly within the context of writing and acting that make the film as a whole a piece of narrative art and an important part of film history. Anyone who is interested in film or history should take a look at Citizen Kane."
- "Citizen Kane...has the best of everything: a great director and star, innovative cinematography, dreamlike - even nightmarish - art direction, a sonorous musical score, a skillful screenplay in which comic passages intensify the movie's tragic qualities by means of their grotesque juxtaposition (how lifelike!), a psychological / narrative form that predates our contemporary "psycho-histories" by at least 40 years, and best of all, a memorial word that, when spoken, recalls the film out of thin air.""I first saw Citizen Kane ten years ago with my family, and I would consider it the best movie of all time; I think that's a pretty common opinion for a reason! This film is a complete classic, and if you haven't seen it you are missing out in a major way. Even if just from a critical film history perspective, it's a tremendously important film: one of Orson Welles' best works."