This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies like Fight ClubRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Requiem for a DreamRead user opinions
in What are the best Charlie Kaufman moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best mind bending moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best dramatic comedy moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best philosophical movies that make you thinkRead user opinions
in What are the best hipster moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Indie and Art House moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like AmelieRead user opinions
in What are the weirdest movies to watchRead user opinions
in What are the best Jim Carrey moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about dreamsRead user opinions
in What are the best indie moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 2000s moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best romantic comediesRead user opinions
What the community says about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- "The first rule of Fight Club is not to talk about it, so I shouldn't even be writing about the movie. But seriously, Fight Club is an amazing movie that touches on the subject of toxic masculinity and how men are lost in the society of today and thus resort to doing reckless, violent things. I want to watch more movies like FIght Club and this is a great accompanying film to watch after watching fight club. "
- "This movie is a really great one. Imagine if you really could have that medical procedure done. Many people would be so confused! HAHA. If you like Requiem for a Dream, this would be a good movie to watch that is lighter but has that mind-boggling element to it. "
- "Ahhh yes, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The film equivalent of a hipster anthem. I don't think it's overrated at all, like some people think. It's popularity is very well-deserved. The soundtrack alone is worth going gaga over, but couple that with the movie itself and you have a cinematic masterpiece."
- "Jim Carrey's finest dramatic performance. He portrays Joel, a depressed and lonely man, who meets Clementine. She is a wondrous light in his mundane life of work and not work. Carrey is the ultimate empathetic every man in this film. You want him to be happy. Kate Winslet gives her famous "manic pixie dream girl" performance as Clementine. I found her at first hyperactive, then so very human as it's slowly apparent how insecure she is with her own life. Their chemistry seems off at first, but you realize they are perfect strangers in this lovely movie. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind captures our feelings in a moment. Charlie Kaufman's script is an appeal to human emotion and empathy as any film I have ever been lucky enough to have seen. How precious are memories? Do they define us? Is our life just a sequencing of memories? I believe Eternal Sunshine asks that we cherish our memories as they are the remembrances of what we have lived. Remember your love and appreciate what you have. Make memories. "
- "Everyone loves a love story, but not everyone likes the typical romance, which is why this film is popular. It is a very offbeat film that is hard to describe after viewing, yet it tugs at the heartstrings. Every element of the move--from the acting to the special effects--are top-notch. "
- "This movie has a really similar vibe to Amelie. It is a dreamy kind of movie that isn't quite based on real life. However, the plot is very different from each other since this one is more of a drama romance thing. Still, they are both really beautiful to watch. "
- "This movie has scenes where the guy basically dreams about his memories of his girlfriend and the course of their relationship. It's a really interesting choice for this list since what happened in the film was not technically a dream, but it still comes very close to that, I think. I still like how the movie panned out and I enjoy watching it with my partner. :)"
- "This movie is definitely in my top 5 of indie movies. Jim Carrey gives a wonderful performance and the whole story is so trippy it's sure to make you question your own existence. "
- "AAAAAWWWW. What a poignant, strange, adorable, funny, and whimsical film! It's not like anything I've ever seen. The idea of "deleting" someone from your memory completely is so sad and dramatic it's a wonder this film turned out hilarious and light-hearted. Jim Carey was perfect and Kate Winslet was luminous. My favorite movie of all time! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️"