This solution is ranked
in What are the best Movies similar to Blade RunnerRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like The MatrixRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about technologyRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Blade RunnerRead user opinions
in What are the best dystopic-moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best underrated sci fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like the Hunger GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best cinematographic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 90's sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that predicted the futureRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Gattaca
- "If you're into dystopic futuristic movies like I am, you'll really enjoy Gattaca. It's visually interesting, with artful photography. The storyline is interesting and the acting is terrific. As a thriller, the film keeps you totally enthralled with the action throughout. This movie is definitely worth your time and involvement."
- "This is the ultimate dystopic movie next to The Matrix. A lot of things that I seen here are very realistic and makes me think about the future"
- "I perceive Gattaca as a fascist nightmare because of gene determinism. This what happens when science takes over human factors. They trample free will and dreams which constitutes humanity. I believe we should never forget being human in the midst of technological advancement."
There are no comments yet!
- "This one doesn't even need any mentioning. Gattaca is simply one of the most memorable sci-fi stories of the modern age and we are actually living in that age now. The idea of genetic enhancement in the story is something that is already becoming available in the real world. This is a very good story to watch because it makes people think about the ethics or the moral implications of being able to always achieve perfection to a genetic level. It's a great show that will make you think twice about what you think is "true progress" for humanity."
There are no comments yet!
- "This movie came out when I was a college student many years ago. Uma Thurman makes for a serious female co-star, which is hard to find in many sci-fi movies. Gattaca makes you think about the common DNA testing available these days and what the future consequences could be."
- "Gattaca is one of the most underrated films of all time. It has a great thought-provoking storyline and a good cast. While the theme is dark, the future the movie portrays has a distinct possibility of happening. The advances in science wouldn't be enough to stop human nature. Great movie."
- #31 of 44
in What are the best sci-fi movies"My cousin was coming over the weekend so I wanted to plan something fun for him to do. I know he loves movies and is a huge fan of the Sci-fi genre. I decided to search for the best Sci-fi movies so I could rent him something to watch. I stumbled upon "Gattaca" and was completely blown away. Both my cousin and I loved everything about it. The story and the acting both were top notch and captured the essence of a good Sci-fi movie.""As someone who has personally seen this movie, and loved it, I would personally consider Gattaca to be one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen, undoubtedly. It's themes of transcending your genetics to achieve impossible dreams and shattering the expectations of predestination are empowering and uplifting. Definitely an excellent choice."