This solution is ranked
in What are the best sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best science-fiction moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best futuristic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best space exploration moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Mackenzie Foy movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Casey Affleck moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best space moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best astronaut moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Jessica Chastain moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best NASA moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Anne Hathaway moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Matt Damon moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Christopher Nolan moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best time travel moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like the Hunger GamesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies you'll like if you hated the Last JediRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Hollywood moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Interstellar
- "If you're into those mushy, emotional movies, go ahead and check this one out. However, if you're like me and you want some crazy science fiction experience, this is not the place to be. Sure, there's great CGI and special effects, but telling a story is about plot. The plot here clearly belongs in the drama section, but the science fiction aisle.""This movie is a slow burn. It takes a while for the viewer to get involved with the characters. It seems like the characters are on present-day Earth. However, as the movie progresses, the viewer starts to that they are wrong about their assumption. I only choose this movie because of Matthew McConaughey. The subject matter does not interest me."
- "Interstellar is a movie directed by Christopher Nolan, which plays around with Einstien's theory of the relativity of time. The first half of the movie was pretty uninteresting and I struggled to stay awake through it, but the movie starts to pick up at the midway point. I personally think Inception (Nolan's other popular movie) was a more interesting science fiction film."
- "I enjoyed this movie and thinks that the future that this film portrays is possible. Well, at least for the human conditions in the future if we don't take care of the environment. The film itself is a good watch with Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine giving great performances."
- "A thought-provoking movie. One of the better films in recent memory, Interstellar depicts a future that could be our fate. I loved how the movie was executed. Technically-sound, great CGI, and great acting. I watch Interstellar at least once a month and I never get tired of watching it."
There are no comments yet!
- "Christopher Nolan directing this movie has given me the expectation of perfection. I've seen his previous movies and they are spectacular. For the Interstellar, I got connected to McConaughey's character and his family, but I found the ending lacked emotional impact."
- "Nevermind the dumbed-down science. I actually prefer it that way so that most of us can understand what's happening in the movie. While that part is certainly true for most people, what this movie can dumb-down is the premise that this future is possible. A future where food is scarce and the only chance of survival is getting off the planet. I also loved how the actors performed in this movie. "
- "This film proves that Anne Hathaway is one of those actors who could play any role. A long way from her perky Princess roles, Hathaway delivers a performance fitting her role as a pragmatic scientist. Overall, the movie is one for the ages and an instant classic."
- "Another space related Matt Damon role, but wait-- this time it's actually good. His performance as Dr. Mann in interstellar was amazingly complex and sophisticated. He expressed Mann's cowardice and conflicts fluidly. His growth in this role is jawdropping. "
There are no comments yet!
- "While its story revolves around space and time travel, this is very much a story about who we are as humans and individuals. You have to watch to really understand."
- "This is an amazing movie, and visually one of the very few TRUE 4K movies (film, effect, post-production all 4K or nearly 4K) out there. First, if you are not ready to sit down and put your mind into the movie, don't bother watching it. It's complex, and deep. It's about family, selflessness, sacrifice, and the amazing vastness of time and space. I would consider myself a technical person, and a reasonably intelligent person, but only after my third viewing (today, finally got the UHD Blu Ray and watched the third time) do I fully understand everything that was happening. About 3/4 of the way through the movie goes into some pretty crazy territory, but it actually all makes sense once you fully understand what is happening. Things like black holes and worm holes and the effects of gravity and velocity on time and how that would effect the travelers vs. those they left behind are intense subjects. Leaving a dying earth and a seemingly doomed family including young kids behind to have some shot at saving their future is an intense concept to me as a father. There is no way to quickly tell a story this deep or technical, and I can see how it just might be too much for many."
There are no comments yet!