This solution is ranked
in What are the best shark movies on Amazon PrimeRead user opinions
in What are the best Popcorn flicksRead user opinions
in What are the best Steven Spielberg moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best American moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best summer moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best summer films everRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best summer movies of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best shark movies on NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best monster moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies inspired by horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best horror storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror suspense novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best scariest movies everRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature sea monstersRead user opinions
in What are the best movies to watch on the 4th of JulyRead user opinions
in What are the best horror movies on NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best horror filmsRead user opinions
What the community says about Jaws
- "This movie was shown a loooong time ago but every time I see people watch this, it still invites me to go sit down and enjoy it. It's one of those movies that were made really for sole entertainment without the hassle of thinking about too much. Spielberg is really a genius for this popcorn flick"
- "Jaws is one of the all time great movies ever made. I have personally seen it over a dozen times over the years. Back when it came out in the 1970's, it was one of the scariest movies ever shown. Although Steven Spielberg has made many great movies, for me Jaws is still number one."
- "A timeless classic in 'true' horror. Even if graphics are terrible - remember this film is from 1975! - the horror and fear comes through. This is a movie not to be missed. Brace yourself and try to figure out how to feel safe at the beach and on a boat again!"
- "It just wouldn't be summer without thinking of getting eaten by a shark. This book can be read over and over again. A perfect read for days on the beach or on the deck.""This movie is always a great summer list watch. It's a classic and you can't have a summer go by without watching it especially right before you go to the beach."
- "Recently just watched this movie while i was in Asia after more than 35 years since i saw it for the first time. I must admit that it didnt quite have the shock factor when i first saw it but the acting and script felt quaint. Anyway, now i am back home and i can no longer find this on Netflix again i just watched it a few months ago eh. ""Can't see this on the Netflix app because I wanted to rewatch it, I think they removed it from the library of something. I'd imagine it would be one of the most watched Netflix films if it was in the app. Great movie nontheless""I love Netflix due to it's wide selection of movies and TV shows. They make sure to have something for everyone and always have the most popular choices. They make it easy to be able to search for anything that comes to mind. ""Jaws is one of the best shark horror movies out there. I've watched it dozens of times and haven't got bored of it once. The shark special effects at the ending are definitely the best part!"
- "It is one of the few movie transitions that closely follows the book from which it was adapted. The movie itself has lost none of its appeal although the fashion of the time does make for some comical moments. It is rare that a movie can combine the dynamics of three powerful actors and have it work so well together. Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss pull it off superbly.""Not only is this book at the very top (best) of classic horror stories, there is a true story that this book is based on and it scared allot Americans from even entering the water at that time period. This book made people immensely afraid of sharks like Arachnophobia did for spiders."
- "Jaws is a great book. Funny enough, this is one of my favorite beach reads, despite the obvious issues it might cause regarding how afraid I am of what is below the ocean's waves. The thrills are real, and the horror of being attacked by a shark is captured very well. I love this book and I read it over and over. I highly recommend it!"
- "I think everyone has seen Jaws And despite its age it has held up quite well. And now it's on Netflix so you can watch it anytime you want to. You can get scared of swimming all over again. It's still one of the best shark movies ever made."
- "I feel like people who see Jaws for the first time today are appalled by it's cheesiness and editing, but at the time, this was such a fantastic movie. It's not for a younger audience; they simply won't be impressed with the generic story line and plot. If you're a sucker for nostalgia like me, you'll love this movie! Also, if you're a fan of older horror films, I think you'd enjoy watching it. This is a timeless classic, but it's not for everyone. "
- "Color me confused, but I have no idea how Jaws got into this list. But hey, if you genuinely enjoy spending the 4th of July watching American teenagers get eaten by great whites, then who am I to judge? Don't get me wrong, this is a great movie, a perfect 10, I'm just a little addled as to how this got here lmao"
- "I love Jaws! I remember watching this as a kid, and I was terrified. We took a vacation on the coast shortly thereafter, and I remember staying as far away from the water as possible. Despite the fact that it was terrifying, I find myself sitting down every once in a while for a guilty indulgence of watching and clenching my teeth. "
- #18 of 42
in What are the best horror films"Jaws is the classic horror thriller. I remember seeing it for the first time when I was a child. Why someone thought this was a good film for a child to see, I don't know, but I recall the next time we went to the beach, I was too afraid to go in. Definitely keeps you at the edge of your seat wanting to see what happens next. Brilliant directing from Steven Spielberg. Highly recommended."