This solution is ranked
in What are the best French horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best extremely disturbing horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like SawRead user opinions
in What are the best torture porn moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies every Jigsaw fan should seeRead user opinions
in What are the best Xavier Dolan moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies to watch if you like SawRead user opinions
What the community says about Martyrs
- AnonymousWritten on June 10, 2018"This movie is a little unexpected. it is not your typical everyday horror film. I would recommend this to anyone who likes French films or horror films but mostly both"
There are no comments yet!
- AnonymousWritten on November 11, 2017"This was a great movie. I really enjoyed the plot. The movie had me jumping out of my seat. Not many victims of the abuse, the star suffered, return to the scene of the abuse. I really enjoyed the film. "AnonymousWritten on October 20, 2017"This is an okay movie. I'm not sure i'd watch it again. Its really not on the same playing field as saw though."
- AnonymousWritten on October 30, 2017"I consider myself a huge aficionado of horror movies and I really love foreign horror films. There's something just atmospheric and creepy about foreign horror films. I can probably safely say one of my favorite horror films is the 2008 Martyrs. Don't confuse it with the more recently released one which is the US remake, that one is simply terrible. The French-Canadian 2008 Martyrs has a great story, awesome gore and effects, and the best part of it all is it will have you glued in your seat wondering what is going to happen next. It's unconventional to say the least although a lot of people might term it as torture porn. It does fall into that category of torture porn but it's not redundant and mindless like the Hostel films. This is probably the best torture horror porn film I can think of but I don't really like using that term for cult classics like Martyrs. It seems to not give proper respect by doing so because it's so much more. I'm not going to spoil any details about the movie but I'll just say I really enjoyed how it lead me in one direction and then just completely turned things sideways for me as the true story started to come forward!"
- AnonymousWritten on December 21, 2017"I was skeptical that I would like this when I went to see it, but it really drew me in at a few parts. I went to a late night viewing with a few friends and I was surprised at how much I liked it. The opening scene really set the table, and the move really picks up the pace around the 25 minute mark. There are a few jump scares of course, but that is to be expected. If you enjoyed the SAW series than you won't be disappointed. So suspenseful!"AnonymousWritten on October 23, 2017"I tried watching Martyrs and it was just too bizarre. The transcendental story-line was just too strange, I thought the film was off-putting."
- AnonymousWritten on July 13, 2018"I don't like this remake, it didn't give justice to the original French film. I just watched this because of Troian Bellisario."
- AnonymousWritten on May 31, 2018"As I fan of really bloody, gory movies this was amazing. Throughout the whole movie you will see a lot of disturbing and bloody things. The plot itself is decent and the acting as well is about what you would expect. If you are a fan of movies like Saw you will enjoy this."