This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies that all kids should watchRead user opinions
in What are the best Studio Ghibli MoviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 80s animeRead user opinions
in What are the best Miyazaki filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best animeRead user opinions
in What are the best anime moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best animated movies for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best animation moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best old school anime moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Kids movies on NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about My Neighbor Totoro
- "I really enjoyed this movie, and now that it is re-worked that makes one of my favorite family films even better! I love the easy going storytelling and it makes it very easy to follow along. This is one of my all-time favorite family movies and everyone should watch this at least once.""This movie was on at my babysitters when I was a kid. The theme song usually put me to sleep long before I had a chance to watch the show. It's an okay kids show, mainly for girls. Not a bad suggestion."
- "this is a tough pick considering all of the powerhouse films that have been cranked out of Studio Ghibli. But my opinion My neighbor totoro blows the rest of them right outta the water. what sets this apart is the story. the stunning animation is there but the story line of this movie really takes it to the nest level""My Neighbor Totoro isn't for everyone. There isn't much of a plot, there aren't any villains or anything. It's just about a family moving to the countryside. That's not to say it's not sweet or charming, it's got that in droves. But it can be a little boring.""My kids seemed to enjoy it a bit but not that much. I thought that the movie was a little silly, even for an animated movie. The story had potential but seemed a bit forced and never quite got there for me. The saving grace is that the animation was done really well and it was easy to watch."
- "Classic! My Neighbor Totoro is indeed one of the greatest anime films of the 80s or most probably of all time. This film made Totoro a cultural icon and the movie will definitely touch your heart and soul ❤️️ "
- #4 of 86
in What are the best anime"A very good choice, however when recommending Studio Ghibli, consider "Spirited Away" as a strong contender.""This is one of Ghibli's masterpiece! Enjoyable story like Spirited away"
- "My Neighbor Totoro is a beautifully animated anime movie, that explores the magic of nature. This is more of a kids' movie, however, some adults will also enjoy it as well. Disney recently acquired the license for this anime movie and have changed the voices for the dubbed version, so if you have seen this in the past this could be somewhat strange to hear the voice changes."
- "I bought this because I really thought my daughters would enjoy it, but they actually we're kind of bored by it, which was surprising. They watched the first half, and then moved on to something else. My kids usually have a pretty good attention span, and can sit through movies, so this one really wasn't for them.""Oh my goodness! I love this movie. My kids and I have watched it so many times. I love how it shows the children that there are positives even in the most negative of situations. It has helped my children when we moved and when we lost our dog. I think this is on of the best animated films for children."
- "This is the kind of film that will stay with you after watching it. The first time i watched My Neighbor Totoro someone is translating this to me because it was in Japanese but despite that i enjoyed watching it. The best thing about this Japanes animation movie is bcoz of its heart tugging storyline. "
- "How fun. This is just something different for kids and also grown ups to watch. If you can't take any more of the same old stuff this might be great."