This solution is ranked
in What are the best Martin Scorsese moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about famous athletesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV shows you can stream for free on PlexRead user opinions
in What are the best boxing filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best Robert De Niro moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies based on real lifeRead user opinions
in What are the best movies to watch if you loved HustlersRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies for athletes to watchRead user opinions
in What are the best movies based on booksRead user opinions
in What are the best sports moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of all timeRead user opinions
What the community says about Raging Bull
- AnonymousWritten on December 27, 2017"This is a good movie by Martin Scorsese. If you like his stuff check it out."
- AnonymousWritten on July 5, 2018"One of the greatest boxing movie ever! Tells the story of Jake Lamotta. I actually got hooked at this movie at first coz it's Robert de Niro man who wouldn't love him? He did a fantastic job of portraying the darker side of Rocky."
There are no comments yet!
- AnonymousWritten on February 18, 2019"I'm a big fan of Scorsese's films and this one is at the top of my list. Since I know the director from making action movies, I didn't know that he can also pull off a boxing film! 😎"
- AnonymousWritten on May 30, 2018"Remember when Robert De Niro was known for being a serious actor and in good movies? If you've only experienced Bobby D in his comedic roles of late, you're missing out. Raging Bull is second to only a couple other movies that really showcase the genius of De Niro. It's a biopic about a 40's prize fighter, played by De Niro and showcases more of the home life of Jake Lemotta and his notorious insecurities despite his success in the ring. Taxi Driver may be up there as De Niro's best, but this isn't far behind."
- AnonymousWritten on May 26, 2018"Raging Bull is one of the most gripping, brutal, and magnetic films ever made. I myself am not a fan of boxing--I find it hard to like sports that I wouldn't enjoy playing myself. However, like or dislike of boxing doesn't really matter in this movie. This movie features Robert De Niro at his best (long before slumming for sub-par Hollywood comedies and slashers) as famed boxer Jake La Motta, whose massive insecurity makes Woody Allen look arrogant. Always worried about his wife leaving him, at one point grilling his brother (Joe Pesci, in his memorable screen debut) to see if he had, uh, indulged, La Motta was like an alternate history version of Brando from On The Waterfront, only with many more "F"-words--he wanted more than anything else to be the top, and then when he got there, he promptly lost everything, no longer having any worlds left to conquer. De Niro, of course, put on a ton of weight for the movie's end, and he delivers really bad stand-up in anonymous night clubs, having alienated nearly everyone in his path by his various demons and neuroses."
- AnonymousWritten on September 17, 2019"I liked this but I would still watch Hustlers again. I think this is the kind of movie my father would love."
- AnonymousWritten on June 11, 2018"Raging Bull is a bit overrated. It is entertaining the first time but I don't think I would watch it again. I would definitely recommend it if you are a fan of boxing though."
- AnonymousWritten on February 5, 2019"This is honestly what I am expecting from a De Niro film, the movie is slow for me and not that entertaining for me."
- AnonymousWritten on May 27, 2018"This is a quintessential Scorcese movie starring DeNiro as Jake LaMotta the boxer. The story is a gritty tale and the fight scenes are some of the most ultra-realistic ever filmed. You feel each punch to your mind and gut, as you do the life story."
- #17 of 21
in What are the best sports moviesAnonymousWritten on April 6, 2018"The raging bull is a good movie that I do like that it's got a very nice story telling behind it and I would recommend it. "
- AnonymousWritten on April 22, 2018"I would say this is a decent Scorsese direction"
- #23 of 28
in What are the best moviesAnonymousWritten on May 4, 2018"Ranging Bull is a cult classic that should be on every movie lovers MUST SEE list. A timeless classic, Robert De Niro showcases his talent in a masterpiece, directed by non other than Martin Scorsese. I first saw this movie with my Father, and I'm so glad he opened me up to such a great film."
- AnonymousWritten on December 22, 2017"Raging Bull is one of my favorite movies of all time. The gritty feel created by Scorsese's camera work and De Niro's acting combine into a powerful film."