This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies that will haunt your dreamsRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies about addictionRead user opinions
in What are the most depressing moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Indie and Art House moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best indie moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Jennifer Connelly movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best mind fuck moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best hipster moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with amazing actressesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with epic monologuesRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Requiem for a Dream
- "It has been more than 9 years since I last saw Requiem for a Dream and until now I have been trying to muster up the courage to watch it again. So if you want to watch depressing movies then you better watch this right now! You'll get depressed and sad after you see this"
- "I'm a big fan of indie movies, so I checked out Requiem for a Dream on a whim while browsing. It was an extremely interesting story about drug addiction, and not the sort of story you normally find in Hollywood blockbusters. For an indie movie it was well shot with sharp dialogue, and I don't regret my time with it at all."
- "While this movie may not be a success at the box office, I feel that this is one movie that Jennifer Connely would be proud of. Not only did she performed well in this movie, the fact that it premiered at the Cannes meant that the film was excellent. That alone would be enough for an actor as great as Miss Connely, I think."
- "Ellyn Burstyn was completely and utterly heartbreaking in this film, and I was just gutted when she did her monologue about her meaningless life where she only had her television game show spot to look forward to. I swear she was the heart of the whole film! I'm even tearing up a little just remembering it! :("
- "While I would say this is a great thriller of a movie, it is definitely much more to do with drugs than psychology. I would say that even within this response you can find another, better, psychological thriller in the movie Pi. ""If psychological thrillers are your thing Requiem for a Dream is a good choice. The movie features several delusional characters spiraling out of control due to drug abuse. I enjoyed it.""I never really got into Requiem for a Dream. It was just an ok movie for me. A little boring and moving too slow for my liking. I also found the acting pretty average at best.""Is this really a thriller? It seems more like drama to me. Depressing and boring drama that is."