This solution is ranked
in What are the best super violent moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best torture porn moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best disturbing psychological thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best gory movies to watchRead user opinions
in What are the scariest moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological thriller moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best slasher movies of all timeRead user opinions
What the community says about Saw
- "Saw series really gave me nightmares and chills..if it weren't for the ridiculous appearance of the puppet talking, it would have really caused me fear lol. Brace yourselves for bloodbaths, extreme torture, and challenging scenes. The choice is yours!""This is not a porn movie. This is a great torture movie, but does not deal with the whole subject."
- "The Saw movie series is a well known and established franchise in the genre of phsychological and torture horror film. This being the first, it is the best place to start with the franchise and a good recommendation for those who just want a one-off film in the genre to enjoy. It's well regarded and mostly considered a classic."
- "It may not be the best, but, it is among them. Too gory and ugly for my taste.""Even though the sequels have been lame, I still think Saw is one of the best horror movies ever. The tension they built in the room was so original and scary."
- "This is one of the movies that defined the psychological horror movie genre. Beyond the violence and the gore is a really thought-proving film that any horror fan should appreciate.""Saw has a reputation for being one of the most sadistic and gory films you can watch, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Some folks really became dedicated fans for this film, and even managed to follow the plot through several sequels. Personally, I think the story and concept pales in comparison to spending a day at your local DMV, if torture's what you're into."
- #10 of 19
in What are the scariest movies"I really needed to watch a scary movie, something besides the classics like Nightmare on Elm Street, and Saw really filled that space. I enjoyed this movie very much. It was very tense, and difficult to watch at points, but actually seemed a little realistic. Some madman might actually be able to capture you and put you through hell. That's the scariest part."
- "A good, shocking thriller that's sick, twisted and very entertaining. I don't think it's the masterpiece that some claim it is, but it's a solid entry in the genre that doesn't disappoint. "