This solution is ranked
in What are the best movies of the 21st centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best Oscar-winning animated filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best Miyazaki filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best anime moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Studio Ghibli movies available for digital downloadRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about dreamsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies set in JapanRead user opinions
in What are the best animeRead user opinions
in What are the best foreign language moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best child-friendly animeRead user opinions
in What are the best old school anime moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best dragon animeRead user opinions
in What are the best Japanese moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best visually stunning moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies with DragonsRead user opinions
in What are the weirdest movies everRead user opinions
in What are the best Kids movies on NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best animated moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best isekai anime to watchRead user opinions
in What are the best English dubbed anime of all timeRead user opinions
What the community says about Spirited Away
- "a masterpiece from one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animation!!!!"
- "Studio Ghibli does such a fantastic job at producing movies that there is nothing bad to say at all. Spirited Away is no exception. Hayao Miyazaki directed the movie and really brought the story of yokai alive. I have always been a huge fan of Studio Ghibli and will continue for a very long time. I can't wait to see what they produce next and will be one of the first to get my hands on it."
- "No movie better encapsulates the principles of Studio Ghibli better than Spirited Away. It is the best studio film that has ever produced. It touches upon so many themes of Japan's history and is filled with so much emotion from its creators. From post-war capitalism to cultural preservation, there so much symbolism in this movie beyond its supernatural nature that it takes more than one viewing to fully grasp and appreciate.""So this is a perfect result. Spirited Away is definitely a Ghibli movie. I've actually seen it and can attest to the quality myself. The description also talks about it being considered the "best" by fans, which directly addresses the "best" qualifier in the original query. The 5 star rating on Amazon also goes to back up the assertion that this is the best Studio Ghibli movie.""Loved by audiences the world over, Spirited Away, a Japanese masterpiece, is arguably Studio Ghibli's most beloved work among a trove of wonderful animated movies the studio has brought to life. A must-see for families with children. "
- "I really enjoy Studio Ghibli films and having watched all of them that had already been released, I honestly think that this may be the best one. I like being able to make my nieces and nephews watch movies that have real substance and lessons in them, and I think this is amazing for that. The whole dreaming concept is really appealing to kids and even adults like myself, and I think this is a really great addition to this list. "
- #3 of 86
in What are the best anime"An extraordinary experience and one of the best anime films ever created, this is a must see! Moving and amazingly crafted, this is one of my favorite films and it is well deserving of its Oscar win. ""Not a great choice for "kids" cause this may scare them away but if you love anime you will definitely appreciate this movie"
- "Spirited Away is a great movie, however, it will only be appreciated by a niche crowd since it is an anime. Directed by Hayao Miyazaki, this film has beautiful illustrations. The film is dubbed in Japanese and French but has English subtitles. I normally hate subtitles but the animation in this movie more than makes up for it. "
- "Spirited Away is actually an animated film, but this problem is not looking especially for a TV nor a movie. So i agree that this film should be included here. This film has been an inspiration to me like most of the Studio Ghibli films. I believe that this film will be a great influence on young girls tteaching them they they can have their own strength and couraage. "
There are no comments yet!
- "Spirited Away (Japanese: 千と千尋の神隠し Hepburn: Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi, "Sen and Chihiro's Spiriting Away") is a 2001 Japanese animated fantasy film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki, animated by Studio Ghibli for Tokuma Shoten, Nippon Television Network, Dentsu, Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Tohokushinsha Film and Mitsubishi and distributed by Toho.  The film stars Rumi Hiiragi, Miyu Irino, Mari Natsuki, Takeshi Naito, Yasuko Sawaguchi, Tsunehiko Kamijō, Takehiko Ono, and Bunta Sugawara, and tells the story of Chihiro Ogino (Hiiragi), a sullen 10-year-old girl who, while moving to a new neighborhood, enters the spirit world. After her parents are transformed into pigs by the witch Yubaba (Natsuki), Chihiro takes a job working in Yubaba's bathhouse to find a way to free herself and her parents and return to the human world."
- "Spirited Away is one of the most remarkable movies to ever exist. The splash of colors and the very intricate details that were drawn meticulously, as well as the outstanding soundtrack all combined together made a fantastic piece of art. I'd love to have a second movie to know if Chihiro will meet Haku again but it's also a good standalone movie."
- "This movie is nice,funny but still so main stream, could have been a little bit more original but that they folk lore so no bashing. Little red riding hood, beauty and the beast etc The girl want to be bossy but become afraid so fast it was annoying. The boy the hero but still not all that tough to me It was not what I was expecting so was a little surprised still is was not something I would allow my small children to watch, but I enjoyed watching it ""If you're looking for something a little different to watch with your child this might be a great option. Not only did my girl enjoy the cartoon but I learned a little about another culture too."
- #14 of 16
in What are the best animated movies
- "Chihiro!!!!!! Although this is not a good anime for kids who easily get scared. Tried making my little sister watch this and HE GOT SCARED. LOL. Thrilling and yet the best fantasy anime out there."
There are no comments yet!