This solution is ranked
in What are the best Star Wars moviesRead user opinions
in What are the most re-watchable moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Carrie Fisher moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 80's sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Harrison Ford moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies from the 80sRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with twist endingsRead user opinions
in What are the best Hollywood moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best action moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
What the community says about Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- "This is the one, folks. This is it. This is the film that solidifies the importance of the force, the cornerstone of the Trilogy, the one that does all the heavy lifting. I love this movie. It's the best, it's got Luke, and Leia, and Han solo, and all their pals, and it's got Hoth the ice planet, what more do you want?"
- "Empire is considered to have the greatest cinematic reveal of all time. I agree. Number one in rewatchable movie list? I agree. I just watched it a couple of hours ago and my kid watched it for the first time a few months ago. I still remember how he doubted the fact that Vader is Luke's father. That's exactly how I felt the first time I watch it. I won't go over the technical details of the movie but suffice to say that Empire is one of the most beloved films in history. Period."
- "While Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford dominated the storyline in this episode, it was Carrie Fisher who provided the balance. It's needless to say that Empire would always be considered as the movie with the greatest theatrical reveal of all time but it was the Princess who provided the heart in this movie, finally admitting that he loved Solo."
- "Everything you heard about Empire Strikes Back being the best film in the whole Star Wars franchise is true. I was one with Luke Skywalker who cried "No!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when Darth Vader revealed that he was his father. I can't wait for my boys to watch this film. Empire certainly tops this list, no question about it."
- "Harrison Ford is quite possible my favorite actor. But when picking on of his best movies Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back stands out to me. It's a great representation of how good and actor he is."
- "What else is there to say about Empire Strikes Back? Nothing that hasn't been said a million times before. Simply put, Empire is one of the best movies of all time, no matter which decade you are talking about. Raise your hand (probably not the right hand if you are Luke) if you were one with the world who cried "NO!!!!!" when Vader revealed that he is his father!"
- "Back in my days, we don't the Google to find spoilers. When I watched Epire Strikes Back, I was shocked! I can't imagine about Luke, Leia and Vader's relationship. The part where Leia kissed Luke is the most awkward moment when you already know their relationship."
- "With few exceptions, Star Wars the Empire strikes Back surpasses the iconic previous film and all avenues of entertainment. Watch Luke Skywalker try to aid the rebels and learn more about the force and relive the experience of watching the first film for the first time. "
- #11 of 28
in What are the best movies"I heard tell from the comments section the possibility of the original unaltered edtions of the classic movies. Just a heads up for those of you looking to buy from Amazon Digital Video. THESE ARE THE ALTERED EDITIONS. I only bought Empire and then fast forwarded to the most glaring change in the movie. The one with the Emperor. Ugh. I haven't seen these movies in years so I'm sick of waiting for a tolerable edition. At least my favorite of the bunch wasn't messed with that bad. I WON'T be buying the others if the reviews of the DVD copies are true."
- #14 of 39
in What are the best action movies"The sequel by which all sequels are measured. SW:ESB is arguably better than the rest of the franchise, and even stands alone on its merits as a distinct movie. Sure, Lucas just recycled a bunch of archetypes, but the result speaks for itself. I remember the first time I saw the Wampa on Hoth, nearly jumping out of my seat. And, because I saw ESB before the Internet was a thing, no one spoiled the fact that Darth Vader is Luke's father! Oh, wait, spoilers if you haven't seen it yet!"
- "This is an old movie but the best Star Wars movie off all time in my opinion (way better than the new ones). I remember going to see this in theaters when I was 9 years old. I was blown away by the special effects and pulled in by the very distinct Star Wars sounds. We're talking total immersion for a young kid in 1980 with his life ahead of him. This movie easily holds its own in today's market and I highly recommend anyone to see this space classic. Even if you aren't really a fan of the modern Star Wars movies, give this one a try and you might be surprised at how good it is!""This is BY FAR The best of the original series, but the most intense, too. I love this movie. Its the best sequel to date for ANY series. It builds upon the first and brings you more information about their world and the characters themselves. Even as different characters I mean each character had a specific kind of theme that played whenever the spotlight was on them."
There are no comments yet!