This solution is ranked
in What are the best Ewan McGregor moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies directed by J.A BayonaRead user opinions
in What are the best real life movies set in the 2000sRead user opinions
in What are the best Tom Holland movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Naomi Watts moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Disaster Movies of All TimeRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Hollywood moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Impossible
- "As someone who lost a relative in Thailand watching this movie never fails to make me cry, especially the scene where the brothers accidentally find each other in the hospital. Couldn't help it, tears just suddenly roll out of my eyes!"
- "Harrowing and an emotional portrayal of a devastating real-life catastrophe. We all know the 2004 tsunami that hit Thailand because it was a worldwide news and everyone is talking about it. With this film i got to see more about how a family was able to survive that event and opened my eyes more what really happens when a catastrophe happens. "
- "My heart goes out to all the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. I once lost a daughter due to a congenital heart disease in December of 2012 and I could hardly cope with life. Imagine losing thousands of lives. Tears welled up while I was watching the film. Great film direction."
- "On the 26th of December 2004 a massive earthquake off the coast of Indonesia sent 30-meter high waves crashing inland around the Indian Ocean, the 'Boxing Day Tsunami' as it is known is the worst natural disaster in living memory, responsible for more than a quarter of a million deaths. This is the true story of a British family who were in Thailand when the holiday of a lifetime became a frantic nightmare, lots of graphic scenes of just how insignificant and fragile humans are at the hands of mother nature. Great, underrated movie."
- #14 of 16
in What are the best Netflix movies"The Impossible is a great Netflix original movie who tells a story of a terrible natural disaster and how one family managed to make it through. The acting can be weak in spots, however the best part of this is the overall story and there it fires on all cylinders."
- "I came across this movie one day when I was bored and I decided to watch it. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how good it was. It was sad because the family got separated but the lengths they went too to get back together is so moving. It was sad watching people suffer from that tusnami and seeing those kids ripped away from their parents, but their story was incredibly emotional."