This solution is ranked
in What are the best dystopian-cyberpunk moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 1999 moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best dystopian moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 90s action moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best nineties action moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that predicted the futureRead user opinions
in What are the best futuristic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about dreamsRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best 90's sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with iconic scenesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Blade RunnerRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that are part of trilogiesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about artificial intelligenceRead user opinions
in What are the best action moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Cyberpunk moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with strong female leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about technologyRead user opinions
What the community says about The Matrix
- "The Matrix is one of those films that revolutionized how films are made. It not only has a concept that's so unique that not everyone could understand it, it also featured great action scenes and CGI effects that are way ahead of its time. This is one film that is so believable you'd think you are really living in the Matrix and that explains a lot of things that you really don't understand."
- "The Matrix outranks Star Wars: The Phantom Menace yet again. To be honest, The Matrix really is a better movie than the Episode One and it probably is the best movie released in 1999. The CGI is way ahead of its time and the fight scenes are aesthetically pleasing on the eyes."
- "The Matrix collection is a collection of the 4 Matrix movies. They are the story of Neo who is a office worker who figures out the world is a lie and he can break free. The first movie is excellent but sadly each one after that gets a little worse. That said, it still fits the topic."
- "I couldn't get enough of Keanu Reeves during the 1990s. I loved the guy but this movie is spectacular. It was years ahead of its time. It had a great storyline and thought-provoking concept and premises. Best of all, I loved the action scenes. That's saying a lot especially from a gal who's into chick-flicks!"
- "The Matrix is one of the all time greats in terms of Sci-Fi movies. It has a little bit of everything and keeps you on your toes the whole movie."
- "This movie is a classic and one everyone should see. Probably the best work of the Wachowski Brothers and a classic movie for Keanu Reeves. Basically a story of an ordinary man who learns of his extraordinary fate and how he manages to overcome it all. A sci-fi story filled with futuristic and insane settings and crazy action. This first movie really is a great movie on its own and again, one everyone should see at some point."
- "The Matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time. While the fight scenes and CGI are top-notch, the main thing about this movie is in its concepts. What if this future is happening right now? What if we're all plugged into the Matrix and we don't have any idea? Just thinking about that gives me the chills."
- "Ahh an old-school movie that is really still great now. Even if the effects are kind of old now, the whole concept behind the movie (including the dream sequences) is still really amazing to me. No other movie like this comes close to The Matrix! Plus, Keanu Reeves is super hott here! I love it!"
- "The quintessential dystopian sci-fi fantasy of our time, The Matrix is so well-written and convoluted you might need repeated viewings to absorb all its complexities and themes. Bombastic action, amazing SFX and intricate storytelling go hand in hand in this futuristic tale. Too bad Keanu Reeves's acting is a tad wooden (he looks cool though). Who can forget Trinity's slow-mo kick/pose? Shame its sequels just don't hold a candle to the original. Follow the 🐇! 😉"
- "Sci-fi meets Kung-fu. This is a provocative film that will force you to think. What if this is really happening? Keanu Reeves wore Neo's mantle very well and Lawrence Fishburne felt like he was born to play Morpheus. One of the best movies of all time, not in just the science-fiction category."
- "Movienights are one thing that my boyfriend and I do a lot. We decided to go genre by genre and started with the Cyberpunk movie section. The Matrix has always been a favorite of mine so it was a must watch. Definitely at the top of my all time movie list.""The Matrix is a really great cyberpunk movie. I love the acting and especially the effects. Some scenes have been parodied so many times, it's part of our culture now. I would definitely recommend this movie to pretty much anyone. Enjoy!"
- "In Movie Experience Commentaries Written Introduction by The Wachowski brothers (20 cnt.) Philosophers Commentary by Dr. Cornel West, Ken Wilber Critics Commentary by Todd McCarthy, John Powers, David Thomson Cast and Crew Commentary by Carrie-Anne Moss, Zach Staenberg and John Gaeta Composer Commentary by Don Davis with Music Only Track The Matrix Revisited Behind The Matrix Making The Matrix The Dance of the Master: Yuen Wo Ping's Blocking Tapes The Bathroom Fight and Wet Wall The Code of the Red Dress The Old Exit: Wabash and Lake Agent Down But Wait- There's More Take the Red Pills [2 selections] Follow the White Rabbit [9 selections Audio The Music Revisited [41 audio tracks] Marilyn Manson Music Video Rock is Dead Trailers The Matrix Teaser The Matrix Trailer The Matrix TV Spots"
- "The Matrix has a messy setup about technology and destiny. They fight technology with technology, at the same time believes in a prophecy that can't be explaind by science. Heck, the heavy allegory of Neo as a Christ figure is soo ingrained heavily. The Matrix even borrowed inspiration from Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell."