This solution is ranked
in What are the best Andy Serkis moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Elijah Wood moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Peter Jackson moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Ian McKellen moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that are part of trilogiesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies based on Tolkien's workRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies with fantastic creaturesRead user opinions
in What are the best epic moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with epic monologuesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies with a lot of extras in one single sceneRead user opinions
in What are the best Liv Tyler moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Oscar winning moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is without a doubt one of the greatest films of all time. But the movie is only as good as its actors. And this movie has a plethora of good actors, Andy Serkis stands out in my mind for his portrayal of Gollum. Serkis is the best motion capture actor in the business."
- "LOTR The Return of the King is Frodo Baggins' best movie. See? I can't even call Elijah Wood anything but Frodo now. Never have I seen Elijah act so convincing. This is his best performance ever and if you wanna argue about it, just see the scene with Gollum near the end of the movie."
- "This movie is just badass. From start to finish. By far my favorite film of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy but that's not short changing the first two films which are also awesome. This film wouldn't be as exciting if it wasn't for the first two films so DO NOT skip to this film first without watching Fellowship and Two Towers. This is the climax to one of the greatest Trilogies ever put on film and to watch them out of order would be cinema blasphemy and doing a real disservice to yourself.""If you love Tolkien you'll love this version of Return of the King. It has all the extras w/ the cast/crew as well as all the scenes that were too long to make the original cut which offer a nice dose of extra context & stuff from the books. This movie did Tolkien proud!"
- "The perfect finale for the triology, Return of the King closes the story with epic fights and extraordinary monsters. Aragorn, Eowyn, Gandalf and Frodo's heroic moments are the cream of the top. You can see the whole races fighting Sauron in the last moment. Truely a cinematic masterpiece!"
- "I personally think that the whole king's monologue before the great battle type of speech is somewhat of a cliche but I'm not one to deny the effect of a good monologue. I'm sure that Aragorn's speech did in fact inspire the good people of Middle Earth to fight and live another day, and we can thank him for the survival of many of our LoTR favorites. Hehe. "
- "the movie is exciting.Overall the very beautiful packaging really goes a long way to make up for anything negative about this edition.Many of the plot elements make more sense and take on more meaning because parts that were originally taken out for length are now included with no reduced production quality. The entire film is still flawless. This is a masterpiece."
- "While this is a solid film, I wished to have seen more of Liv in this one! :( Come on Peter Jackson, with all the changes you made, you couldn't have made more scenes for Liv? She's the daughter of Elrond! Would have been better if she was the one who delivered Narsil to ELessar! That would have been golden! "
- "One of the most ON-POINT movie adaptations in my opinion. After reading the LOTR trilogy book, I immediately subscribed to a movie streaming service to watch the live action film representation of the books, and yes. I was not disappointed. I hope that there'd more directors and movies that retell the story the way it should be as it was written. 👍"