This solution is ranked
in What are the best Western moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best John Ford MoviesRead user opinions
in What are the best John Wayne moviesRead user opinions
in What are the most beautiful movies everRead user opinions
in What are the best cowboy moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
in What are the best old cowboy moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Searchers
- "Just about every great western film includes John Wayne in it, and this 1956 film is a prime example of it. The Searchers is considered a masterpiece film and was a commercial hit when it came out. It takes place shortly after the civil war with a Confederate soldier who returns home."
- "John Ford made some great movies, but The Searchers is by far the best. If you like westerns (or even if you don't) you can't miss this movie. It has great performances by John Wayne and Natalie Wood, and the story is incredible. Wayne "searches" for his niece, who has been captured by Comanche Indians. Ford makes it about so much more than that, exploring deeper sides to each character and their actions. "
- "John Wayne was always my dad's hero. Whenever I was a kid, he always made me watch The Searchers together. Now, looking back it's great to have on Blu-Ray. The movie is a great plot about one of America's most divided times. I wouldn't change anything about my purchase decision."
- "John Wayne is the best cowboy actor to have ever graced Hollywood. I really like this movie because he plays a hero as a veteran and also as a man intent on saving his niece. They don't make movies like this anymore."
- "While this is a very good movie, I don't think anyone can dispute that....but I am not a large fan of Westerns. I feel like under "best movies of all time" should transcend their genre, but this at the end of the day, feels like a Western to me, and only that.""I thought The Searchers was a good movie, but it is not one of the greatest. The plot is simple and easy to follow, but it wasn't a movie that really held my attention consecutively. If you like western movies, however, this is a great product.""I found this movie to be boring and lacking believable action. I am not a big fan of westerns and definitely think that this is not one of the best movies of all time, even if it does star John Wayne.""John Wayne is a legendary actor for a reason. This movie, The Searchers, is hands down one of the best films of the Western genre of all time. "
- #18 of 28
in What are the best movies