This solution is ranked
in What are the best horror movies on HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best Jack Nicholson moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Stanley Kubrick moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best surreal horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best haunted house moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best American Horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Netflix moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best scariest movies everRead user opinions
in What are the best Showtime moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best films to watch if you love the Halloween seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best psychological horror moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror movies streaming on AMC's FearFestRead user opinions
in What are the best horror movies on NetflixRead user opinions
in What are the best movies inspired by horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best mind-twisting moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Stephen King book to movie adaptationsRead user opinions
in What are the best Halloween moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Shining
- "the first time i saw The Shining was on my film class while i was a college student. i didnt have any idea about the film tbh. But for me this is the greatest horror film that i have seen aside from being one of the best horror movies on Hulu. C;mon this is darkm disturbing and has good acting. "
- "I think this is the best version of the Shining that has come on the big screen. While I know it wasn't very true to the book, this version was great in its own right. Jack Nicholson's performance was stellar, as was all the other actors. I'm not the best at giving detailed movie reviews and will save that for others, but if you want a movie that will scare you and creep you out, I suggest giving this movie a shot (assuming you haven't seen it already)."
- "A Stephen King novel which was made into a movie adaptation was beautifully done by Stanley Kubrick. I still feel creepy about Jack Torrance whenever I watch it. "
- "I remember the first time i watched The Shining was during my film class and i didn't have any idea what this is about but i had to sit and watch it. TBH i dont see this as one of the best ghost horror movies. It isn't that scary to me"
- "Stanley Kubrick, my favorite director! Every element of this film is so creepy. This is one of the best horror novel-based movies for me. The lines are so iconic and the twins also really scared the creep out of me btw. I'd totally recommend watching this if you want a good horror movie to watch."
- "One of the most well known horror films in existence, The Shining is based on a novel. I personally can't stand horror films, so I've never seen it, but it's popular for a reason. Give it a shot, I guess, because it IS on netflix! Just....maybe don't watch it with the lights off?""This is an old classic and it is definitely up there with the best films ever made in this genre. Jack Nicholson's performance is nothing short of sublime, and the story is one of those I can get into again and again. One of the finest scary movies ever made. ""if you've never seen it, you're probably too young to appreciate it. it is kind of slow in some part's but i loved the interplay between carrie and her mother. [spoiler] the ending alone is worth the price of admission. [/spoiler]"
- "You probably know this movie from the meme ("Here's Johnny!") or the homage in Ready Player One. I remember watching it when I was a kid and Jack Nicholson scared the 💩 out of me, not to mention those bloody twins! I also remember the ending concerning the old photograph that was a total mindf--k. One of the biggest plot twists ever and Kubrick never explained it! "
- "The first time I watched this was on my phone and it was years agooooooo. perhaps a long time ago? And I don't remember the story anymore becasue I always get confused with this one and the Misery of stephen king also. Then my brother and I just decided to watch this together with mom and dad since it's still on netflix, and yeah it's still scary af!!"
- #20 of 42
in What are the best horror films"All work and no play makes Academy Award® winner Jack Nicholson, the caretaker of an isolated resort, go way off the deep end, terrorizinghis young son and wife Shelley Duvall. Genres Horror, Suspense Director Stanley Kubrick Starring Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Danny Lloyd""The shining is a classic and one of King's better book to movie transitions over the years. There's a reason most people have seen this movie and a even better one as to why it has stuck in their memory after all these years."
- #21 of 28
in What are the best movies"Love The Shining, Jack Nicholson is fantastically creepy and the setting is just amazing ! Enough to give you Cabin Fever just imagining what it would be like to spend months in an empty hotel , let the hallucinations begin ! Love it , One of my Favorite movies. I can't imagine anyone but Jack Nicholson pulling off this character as well as he did"