This solution is ranked
in What are the best scariest movies everRead user opinions
in What are the best movies on ShudderRead user opinions
in What are the best slasher movies of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best torture porn moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best gory movies to watchRead user opinions
in What are the best movies to watch if you like SawRead user opinions
in What are the best American Horror filmsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that won't let you sleepRead user opinions
in What are the best films to watch if you love the Halloween seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best slasher movies to watch with friendsRead user opinions
in What are the best Movies every Jigsaw fan should seeRead user opinions
in What are the scariest moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- "At first, I thought this was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre where Alex Daddario was cast but damn! this is nowhere near the other chainsaw massacres film I've ever seen. This made me think twice if I should go alone or have my group of friends stick around the trip with me. "
- "Growing up in Texas This was the movie to watch during Halloween time. We grew up knowing that this was real and that there were others In Texas that would do this kind of evil things. If you like horror movies and the sub genres then this would be worth a watch you won't regret it.""A great all time horror movie classic! Low budget, zero special effects, and not the greatest acting ever, but it works and inspires a sense of horror and revulsion that lasts. This is truly a piece of art. ""Texas Chainsaw Massacre is an overrated movie. Aesthetically, it's trash. Culturally, it perpetuated a lot of gross stereotypes about rural southerners. To top it off, it's not scary or suspenseful anymore."
- "If you haven't seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original made in 1974, then you are in for a treat when you watch it on Amazon Prime. This is a groundbreaking original film that may have started off the slasher genre. Grab some popcorn, turn the lights down low and get ready to be grossed out, giggle at the old school dialogue and be truly creeped out by leatherface.""this is a awesome movie. there is a reason why this is a classic horror film because it's better than most of the other horror films out there. the filmmakers litteraly put blood and sweat into a movie that they did not think would be the phenomenon it is today. for the time it was made this movie is pretty scary i would put it in the top ten most scary movies, it's up there with psycho and the exorcist. the story is good, the acting is great. leatherface has become one of the most popular horror icons out there and gunnar hansen will always be known as leatherface. i wish he did the other movies but the other actors did good. just an all around great horror film. if you have not seen this movie then i recommend you do and one other thing is what makes this movie even more scarier is that it's based on a real serial killer named ed gaines.""Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the classics of the horror film genre. It's hard to come up with a list of best horror films and not include this one on it. Truly terrifying, and it holds up even after all of these years.""The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a classic and available on Prime! I love Prime, and I love it even more around Halloween when I can watch all the classic horror flicks!""A classic bloodbath horror flick that is a must see for any slasher movie fan. Disturbing, gross and a lot of fun, it's definitely worth watching. A disgusting film that's a true classic!"
- "It was brutal|!! Ugh, the rawness of this film compared to the original version (yes it was a remake of some horror film). Plot wise, it doesnt tell anything that is useful or worthy to be remembered unlike Saw that punishes people but here it is just a series of gruesome events so if it's ur thing,,and also torture,, watch it!""The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the first movie that truly terrified me. I loved watching horror films as a kid, but none of them bothered me until this. It didn't turn me off though -- if anything, it made me love horror films even more. Yes, it's graphic and over-the-top, but that's what makes it so fun. ""While I definitely think this movie captures the idea of one of the best torture movies I don't know how it relates to porn. I think that it is a creepy movie. I also don't know that I would pay almost twenty dollars to own it. I guess as I get older I am a little less interested in these types of movies."
- "This movie is one of the best examples of horror done right. From the writing to the cinematography, the special effects, and even the costume, it's all done incredibly well. Considering it was made during the 1970s just makes it even more of a feat."
- "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the greatest titles in the classic horror film genre, and this 40th Anniversary Edition is by far one of the best. Even by today's standards, it continues to shock and horrify, and in my opinion, the original is far superior to the more recent adaptation."
- "Not as scary as the other movies on this list but it is terrifying enough to be included. It wasn't the scary parts that robbed me of sleep. It was the gory parts in the film. Cannibals, I hate them. They're like zombies. Zombies are tolerable but cannibals, I don't dig them. Makes my stomach turn."
- "I absolutely loved this movie and it really is a must watch for any Jigsaw fan! It starts off a little slow but as soon as it grabs your attention, it doesn't let go throughout the rest of the movie. I found that it keeps you on the edge of your seat and leaves you wanting more. If you want to know more about the movie, amazon has a great page that can give you a really nice synopsis of the movie and tells you everything that you need to know.""This is a classic horror film, and if you're a fan of that kind of film, it's required viewing... this is regardless of whether you're a fan of Jigsaw or not. It's supposedly based on a true story and that helps amp up the viewing experience. With cannibalism and power tools, the ridiculousness seems like it would overpower the story... but this movie has held up well over time. Highly recommended."
- #15 of 19
in What are the scariest movies"If you're looking for one of the best scary movies, I'd recommend The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's an old classic. It's a bit dated, but it's still quite thrilling and suspenseful. It's an edge-of-the-seat type of horror movie."