This solution is ranked
in What are the best Movies similar to Blade RunnerRead user opinions
in What are the best Paul Verhoeven moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Philip K. Dick adaptationsRead user opinions
in What are the best Cyberpunk moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies that predicted the futureRead user opinions
in What are the best 90s action moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies about dreamsRead user opinions
in What are the best movies like Blade RunnerRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best campy moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best dystopic-moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Total Recall
- "First off, movies based in any right off of Philip K. Dick stories are usually awesome. Besides having that in common, these movies have a lot of solid stylistic parallels. Both are incredibly well made movies, and this one features someone named Michael Ironside, that is just awesome."
- "I'm a big PK Dick fan, but I saw this adaptation long before I got into his work. I watched it as just a movie, granting it a lot more leeway to be simply an enjoyable film. That said, now that I've read a lot of Dick's work, this movie isn't the greatest. It isn't a failure by any means, but the description tells the truth when it states that it is "loosely based" on the story. This wouldn't be where I would start if I was looking for films based on Dick's work. ""I really loved watching Total Recall. The action and plot were great. I love Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sharon Stone was really great in it, too. But I don't think it's the best adaptation of a Philip K. Dick story since it is only loosely based on the story. I thought Blade Runner was actually a better adaptation than Total Recall was."
- "This is an amazing sci fi movie if you are into science fiction. It has a great cast and the special effects are pretty good considering when it was made. I would highly recommend it for those who enjoy science fiction and outer space particularly. Sharon Stone is great and who doesn't like Arnold?? ""Total Recall is famous mostly for the anatomy of a certain character. That's a shame because the plot is excellent and though-provoking."
- "Before the recent remake of Total Recall, we had the original, one of a kind, classic Total Recall starring Arnold Schwarzeneggar and prime Sharon Stone. This movie was a true classic with all it's wonderful one liners and moments and weirdly introduced characters. I watched this as a teen and it's been in my DVD collection, constantly played several times annually. What makes this movie so cool is that it somewhat predicted some of the events that were going to occur with the technology presented in there at the time. All I can say is that if you're an Arnold fan, or trying to talk someone into watching a fun thrilling classic, Total Recall is the way to go."
- "I remember watching the trailer for this movie and I was so excited to watch it! The whole dreaming-reality thing was very "in" during that time and I was super pumped to see it at the cinemas. Turns out the movie was pretty good but did not really live up to my personal expectations. I thought it was pretty predictable, honestly. But it was still an okay movie overall."
- "One of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time has to be the original Total Recall which came out in 1990. I remember seeing it in the theaters back then and it has become one of my all time most watched movies as I have seen it many times. The effects hold up fairly well for a movie of its age. If you enjoy sci-fi like me, then give it a chance."
- "Although this is an older movie, I've heard people raving and saying that I had to watch it. So I finally did, and it's an interesting enough sci-fi movie. It isn't a bad way to spend a few hours. I would not call this an award winning movie, but it is interesting enough that I could watch it more than once. The period the movie was made is blatantly clear and its interesting to see just how far movies have come since this. "