This solution is ranked
in What are the best read-it-later servicesRead user opinions
in What are the best alternatives to DeliciousRead user opinions
in What are the best Chrome extensions to save bookmarksRead user opinions
in What are the best social- bookmarking apps next to DeliciousRead user opinions
in What are the best way to save and share articlesRead user opinions
in What are the best Social Bookmarking websitesRead user opinions
in What are the best bookmark managersRead user opinions
What the community says about Pinboard
- "I was looking for a read it later service and it seems like Pinboard really fits the bill. It integrates nicely with my Bookmarks and also can be configured to work with my social media account. It is a convenient way to keep up with content that I want to revisit at a later time. Definitely recommend. ""I bookmark often but after a while things get so on organized. I gave PInboard a try. Now logging what I want to go back to in the future on the internet is painless. It is so much faster and easy to use. ""Since read-it-later is a fancy way of bookmarking, I would hope there would be no cost involved. Pinboard wants you to pay for this. I will not pay for this type of service."
- "This is very cool. A lot of the time when I'm looking for one thing on the web I find something else that's not relevant but that I know I'll need in a couple of days. Bookmarking it doesn't really get me anywhere because I don't always remember why I wanted it, but with this I can add a comment or category and find it when I need it! Organizing information is key when there's so much of it out there. I also really like the privacy features. You can probably use this as a social media site in a way but if your interest is researching something and not wasting time you can keep your work private. My board is going to fill up fast!""Pinboard has been great for me. Using it is faster than other bookmarking helps because of the design, and I love the fact that I can sync up my stuff with Twitter and other platforms. Very useful, and simple. Recommended!"
- "Pinboard is a well-maintained site that helps with the sometimes overwhelming task of managing large amounts of bookmarks. It seems to place a high value on securing your privacy and running efficiently and continuously. There does not appear to be a free version, but the cost is quite minimal and appears to be worth it for those who would benefit from being able to bulk edit and sort bookmarks in various ways."
- "GREAT idea but would make a person prone to hoarding more stuff than they can read, lol. Wonder if this would compete, head on, with Google Keep? Much bigger learning curve though, in my opinion."
- "Pinboard is one of the best ways to save and share articles. It works from the cloud, so you never have to be concerned with losing the data and it can be accessed from anywhere. I like to set up folders for work presentations.""A great way to share articles with others, I check this daily. While the interface isn't fun or interesting to look at, it definitely has a lot of great functionality. "
- "Having the ability to load bookmarks or reading material from all accounts into one place is very nice, and as it offers a "mark as read" option it quickly clears out (visually) what you no longer need to see if you'd like it to. Personally I find the feature that automatically checks to see if the link is still alive or dead is very useful so I don't have any "wasted" bookmarks lingering around. "