This solution is ranked
in What are the best TV shows for womenRead user opinions
in What are the best series you are currently watchingRead user opinions
in What are the best shows on HuluRead user opinions
in What are the best dystopian tv showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Hulu originalsRead user opinions
in What are the best Elisabeth Moss movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Max Minghella movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Samira Wiley movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best award winning seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best series to watch according to the 69th Emmy AwardsRead user opinions
in What are the best TV shows with female leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best Alexis Bledel movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Sydney Sweeney movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best 69th Emmy Awards Drama Series NomineesRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi tv showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Joseph Fiennes movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best returning TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best TV seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best TV shows based on booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Yvonne-Strahovski movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best TV adaptations of booksRead user opinions
in What are the best TV shows about mothers and daughtersRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best shows like Game of ThronesRead user opinions
in What are the best movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best Alternatives to Game of Thrones TV ShowRead user opinions
in What are the best and most interesting thingsRead user opinions
What the community says about The Handmaid's Tale
- "Although this show is depressing to watch at some point it does remind its viewers of everything that has been done to women throughout the years. I also think that what is shows might also happen in the near future if there is not equality between the sexes. I hope everyone will take their time to watch this particulary those misogynists or sexists to change their perspective of how the see the women. "
- "The Handmaid's Tale is the best show on Hulu right now. Yes it certainly isn't a show for everyone because of its mature content but i very much liked it. And yes it is also hard to watch and pretty depressing but damn Elizabeth Moss' acting is so good. I even read the book after watching season 1. "
- "Harrowing to watch and chilling to the bone, The Handmaid's Tale is a dystopian tale deep-rooted in history. As a female, what if society dictates that your sole purpose in life is to give birth and live a life of servitude? This is an abominable concept that has actually happened in the past in Puritanical societies, although to a lesser extent, but it's still downright repugnant. Elizabeth Moss shines as June. She receives excellent support from Joseph Fiennes and Yvonne Strahovski. This is a commentary on totalitarian societies and how inherently evil they are. One of the best Hulu shows ever. "
- "Atwood is a genius when it comes to storytelling. I've already read the book before even watching the series, and yeah just like others, there have been changes which is also not bad since it doesn't get really far from the novel. When I watched it, it sort of becomes imaginable and possible. And Samira also fits the role of Moira."
- "So relevant to our current times. It realistically shows how a series of small decisions made quietly by people in power can lead to big horrifying unjustices in the lives of the people. Hopefully it inspires more of us to pay better attention to politics and current events!! (It's a great book too!!!)"
- "Amazing show that has so many strong narrative points that i think might happen in the future wherein fertile women might be forced into being pregnant for servitude. The characters here are incredible and depicted the right emotions especially actress Elizabeth Moss. "
- "The Handmaid's Tale is one of the best drama series that have been nominated for the 69th Emmy Awards. I went in not knowing what to expect and quickly fell in love with the show. It showcases a different world where the rights of many are taken away for the "greater good". It's a must-see.""This was one of the premier nominees for an Emmy and you can clearly see why. In addition to the fascinating story, the acting is superb. I also appreciate the directing style as it's done very well. I watch this show regularly and tell all my friends about it!"
- #5 of 38
in What are the best TV series
- "Her acting here was nothing short of magnificent. This is a new terrain for her who was used to being a spy almost all her movies. Here she is treated like property and like powerless which is needless to say untrue. She performed in a different light which in my opinion opened new roles for her."
There are no comments yet!
- "The Handmaid's Tale is one of the single best TV shows about mothers and daughters. The show is about the struggles of a mom and daughter pair as they challenge the system and conquer it together. As I watch the show, I can't help but feel closer to my own mother, I'm reminded that that bond is sacred and transcends time and space even on TV."
- "I've been keeping up weekly with each new episode of The Handmaid's Tale. I'm a fan of the actress who plays the protagonist after her work on the show Mad Men. The premise of the story is a dystopian future with religious zealots using the bible as their excuse to create a society that is reminiscent of the gestapo like tactics of Nazi Germany in the late 30's and 40's and centers around a woman who has been captured and used as a surrogate for infertile scumbags. It's heartbreaking at times and with current domestic situations, quite believable that this could become a possibility. This show is far from overrated and deserves all it's accolades. "
- "I guess The Handmaid's Tale is a good show to watch, but I'm not sure I would call it "like" Game of Thrones. The politics are there, and interesting, but they're also different. It's still pretty compelling, and I found myself somewhat involved in some of the episodes. It was a good way for me to spend a few hours.""Uhhmmm...Okay i do not think The Handmaid's Tale is a series like Game of Thrones. Although both of the series are powerful. But Handmaid's tale is more disturbing and has enough plausibility to make it frightening. And yes there are more scenes which deals with strongly adult themes""I enjoyed watching this show after completing "Game of Thrones." The characters are very relateable and it's an overall fun show like Game of Thrones. I would recommend it to everyone."
- "The Handmaidens Tale is an excellent show that has nothing to do with Game of Thrones at all - or does it? If you really want to see a world come to life, the Handmaidens tale is an absolute thrill to watch unfold. A stellar period political drama, the GoT parallel becomes clear in the rich characters. In a dystopian society where women are enslaved and every scene looks like it was painstakingly painted by a renaissance master this show will definitely fill your GoT void for a while. ""Game of Thrones is finished, and while there is a long wait before the next season . Worry not, all your drama and power battles in the court of politics and wealth in the handmaid's tale.""The Handmaid's Tail is really a good show but it has nothing to do with Game of Thrones. It is just a good example of a drama and science fiction tv series."
- "The Handmaid's Tale is probably the most well-produced show I've watched on television in the past decade, maybe second only to Breaking Bad. The drama is taut and tense and full of surprises. It all feels stunningly possible, even portentous. The lead actress is brilliant in the role. It's a must-see."