This solution is ranked
in What are the best resources for learning RussianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning HindiRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for practicing French conversationRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning ItalianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning HungarianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning PolishRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning RomanianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to learn foreign languagesRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning ArabicRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning PortugueseRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for practicing Spanish conversationRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to start learning HebrewRead user opinions
What the community says about BBC Languages
- "I think that if you want to start learning Russian, there is no better place than the BBC Languages website. Sure, it might be a little bare bones, but I think it can provide just enough of an idea for a user (it did for me) to find out if they wanted to continue with the language. I certainly loved learning the things that BBC Languages taught me, and I was more than happy with the service the site provided. I think I will continue seeking out this website to learn Russian and maybe find advanced lessons elsewhere. ""I decided that I wanted to learn Russian a couple of months of ago. I initially had problems finding resources on line to do this. Recently, I was able to find a resource called the BBC Language which is an excellent site that has a collection of video and tutorials to help me learn Russian. ""When you're greeted with "this page has been archived and is no longer being updated," you've got a big hint that you're NOT at one of the "best resources for learning Russian." Not only that, this page isn't even exclusively Russian, so it's not the best place from that respect either.""In order to find resources for learning Russian, I would recommend BBC languages. BBC languages is a great site, which offers videos, tutorials, games, and exercises to learn languages. It appears that most of their learning content is free too, so it's definitely worth checking out. "
- "there is a phrase that said this is archived and is no longer updated which makes it seem like not a very good solution. then there is the issues with the page seem a bit too comprehensive to focus on hindu learning. It does not seem to be clear about what is available for hindu learning."
- "BBC Languages is an awesome site to learn and practice using conversational French. The best part for me is that it's FREE and I can use the site when I want to. Who doesn't like that price!""The language learning material on this site is a lot of fun. The bitesize section is my personal favorite. I can remember bitesize from when I was a kid, and my kids still use it and love it!""Fun way to practice French. Lots of different options available."
- "When I was traveling to Italy, I needed to have quick resources for learning Italian. I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to communicate correctly and appear as the typical "Hand it to me" American that doesn't take time to learn. I found BBC Languages and their guides are perfect! I could quickly find what I needed and if I couldn't pronounce something, I used notes from them to help get it right.""My husband suprised me with a vacation to Italy for my birthday! I was so surprised and excited and then completely worried and overwhelmed. I couldn't imagine going to another country without knowing the language first. Thankfully, I found BBC Languages! Their lessons are easy to follow and are making picking up a new language a breeze. I feel much better and I'm excited all over again."
- "I have trying to learn some Hungarian in my off time, and BBC languages, offers are pretty nice resource to get going. It's simple, but it's also detailed in it's approach to how much you will learn. I really enjoyed the structure. "
- "I think this would help me learn Polish as it helps with languages. I think overall it is a good solution to the problem I'm having."
- "I have wanted to learn Romanian for awhile, since my boyfriend speaks the language. BBC Languages is a great tool for me to use to learn. There are tons of videos and tutorials included with the program. The online lessons include games, audio, vocabulary and also grammar explanations - which really come in handy. I have been using it for about two weeks now, and I'm actually learning a lot from it. Great resource. ""This is not a very good source for learning romian. Although the site looks interesting the only Romanian it teaches are a few phrase for tourists."
- "I am not good at learning foreign languages. I was looking for good resources to learn easily. I found BBC Languages and it has helped me tremendously. I can learn via games which I like the most. It is fun and easy to use and learn. I highly recommend using this resource.""This site only has French on it. I'd probably use a different site to learn a new language."
- "I grew up in a area where people spoke a lot of Arabic. I always wanted to learn but it just seemed to difficult. BBC Languages makes it simple and intuitive to learn Arabic and now I am on my way to speaking it fluently. My friends and family are amazed when they hear me speaking the language to total strangers. ""This site had some videos that helped me learn Arabic. I could here how certain words should sound. It was very helpful."
- "The BBC Languages programs for language learning are outstanding and among the very best offered online. The Portugese program was very useful to our family prior to our taking a vacation in Brazil, as it offered both basic materials in the form of games, and also ways to go on to more advanced study.""A great program for those that want to pick up another language, This takes you through, step by step, at your owns pace, not like a class where you have to worry about falling behind. The different activities make it fun and easy to learn and they have multiple languages to choose from."
- "I am going to be traveling to Mexico soon and I wanted to brush up on my Spanish. I came across this site and it sounds like it would be good to learn but the info they provice is just terrible. I would recommend looking for another site. ""Thanks BBC for making this information available to everyone. It is easy to navigate around and access the information I am looking for. Cheerio!""This doesnt help with learning Spanish at all. Keep looking, this is just for french."
- "Not something I'd ever recommend. For one, most of the info on the site is basically, how do I greet people and how do I speak to taxi drivers or cashiers. More importantly though, there's just nothing for Hebrew here. Plenty of great resources for learning Hebrew online but this is not one of them."