This solution is ranked
in What are the best Phone screen repair online shopsRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix Android emulator problems on PCRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix DVD drive issuesRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to format tablet Samsung SV 3Read user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix a laptop keyboardRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for fixing fuzzy screen on laptopRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix a USB portRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that doesn't start after factory resetRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix headphonesRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to fix a Samsung Galaxy S6Read user opinions
What the community says about iFixit
- "iFixit is great. I can look up any obscure device and find technical manuals and how-to guides explaining how to fix something. I have an old DVD player which stopped working, and I didn't want to just throw it in the trash and have to buy a new one. I turns out the laser needed to be cleaned, and the iFixit community helped guide me through the process of disassembling the case of the player. I'd highly recommend it!"
- "iFixit was really helpful in getting me to a point where I could format my Samsung tablet. They have a lot of neat tools for working on smaller devices including phones and tablets, but they also have information for helping you format or do things with the software. A great site that's all around handy."
- "A plethora of answers to almost any question you could come up with. It's amazing that there is a whole community dedicated to helping others, especially since a lot of instances are never the same. I've already recommended it to a few buddies of mine who think they are "Mr. Fix its"."
- "Contacted support for a cracked glass on an ipad 4. They not only sent me a great repair guide but also had the replacement part. The only problem I saw with the website was the shipping charges might be high in my opinion. I have used this site many times for a lot of different things and they always have what I need in stock and ready to ship. So I would highly recommend."
- "This is a nice concept as it is so expensive to replace electronics these days. However since the repair guides are written by everyday folks use at your own risk. They also seem to be pushing sales of parts and tools more than actually useful information. I wouldn't make this my definitive stop to find out information but it is worth a look."
- #5 of 7
in What are the best ways to fix a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that doesn't start after factory reset
- "Coincidentally, the last time my headphones broke I actually tried to use iFixit to fix my headphones. I followed the two different guides on there and I had absolutely no luck whatsoever. I'm giving it 3/5 because I can't be sure if it was my headphones problem, my problem, or their problem as to why it wouldn't work. That being said, they still had the information there for me to try, and the database of things is huge, so that's a bonus."
- "iFixit is hit and miss. Sometimes, literally; one article told me the best way to fix my microwave was to hit it. When I missed it, I found myself also needing a guide on how to repair a stove top. Still, if you get someone knowledgeable responding, it beats hiring someone. "